Mechanics of Materials - Where's my mistake?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 5K views
niece of md. said:
Hi I am the friend, just to confirm:

A= π/4*(D)^2-π/4*(D-2α)^2

Yep. That is the proper formula for the area of the cross section.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks I'll change that, but I am allowed to make those mistakes since I don't really study it, I just do it for fun :)
 
Well, I'm just doing this for fun too.
But I don't allow myself many mistakes! ;)
 
Well, I do it for fun and for a degree! Thanks for helping out ILS :smile: we got it done, and are off to solve more complicated stuff now. Hopefully it'll go more smoothly.
 
I was trying to solve this exercise but since it's in English I wasn't sure I understood it.

question.jpg


this is what I did:

solve.jpg


I was a little confused with +/- sings on F(bc).
 
The signs appear to have been no problem at all and your work is neat!
I give it the ILSe Seal of Approval! :smile: