Methods people use to find internships?

1. Before people start telling me to Google the answer I was wondering what other methods people use to find internships? I would really like to get some experience in my field so I can decide whether I would like to continue pursuing this.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Re: Internships

Are you in college or high school? Have you talked to your school guidance counselor?

4. berkeman

You should look at the relevant companies in your area to see if they offer internships. Look in the employment section of their websites. You can also call their employment contact to ask them on the phone if they offer internships, and during what times of the year they are available.

5. Re: Internships

I am in college in the DC area. I sometimes become overwhelmed by not knowing where to start. What are the big companies that offer internships in Electrical Engineering?

6. berkeman

Well, Cisco for example has a very full-featured internship program:

http://tools.cisco.com/search/JSP/s...en&country=US&thissection=f&accessLevel=Guest

Are there large electronics companies in the DC area? Or in nearby high-tech areas?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?