Microwave on capacitors battery power

In summary, capacitors play a crucial role in powering a microwave by storing and releasing electrical energy to power the magnetron. They also help stabilize voltage and prevent power surges. Microwaves use capacitors to heat food by producing high-frequency microwaves that cause water molecules to vibrate, creating heat. A damaged capacitor can cause a microwave to not work properly. Safety concerns should be taken into consideration when using a microwave with capacitors, as they store a high amount of electrical energy and proper precautions should be taken.
Pepman
I live in an rv. My power comes from solar and ocassional boost from my generator. I have 3600wh in battery power.

But i know its really bad for my batteries to draw lot of power fast.

So i would like to create a capacitor bank that would stay charged.

Ive done some calculations but not sure. Gigo.

Here what i have to work with
600F supercapacitors at 14.1v
12v battery * 2 @ 310Ah capacity.
An inverter efficiency at 80%
A microwave 750w but i know that's got to be doubled due to other things not just power to heat water.

I can assume at full charge the capacitors are going to be around 12.5 volts. They need to be in parallel with battery bank and ill just discipline myself not to run it if batt volt below 12.5v.

Fully charged my batteries are around 13.7v. Chemisty is agm.

Can multiple people take shots to figure out how many capacitors i need to run microwave for 3min?

Need to see calculations with explanation so can check if any assumptuons not consistent with situation. Have though process vetted by multiple people to ensure its correct and have equation for future reference if cannot afford all the capacitors what i can do with what i can afford.

A lively discussion will also be appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Closed pending moderation.

Welcome to the PF, @Pepman :smile:

We do not allow dangerous discussions here on the PF. And given your level of knowledge in electronics, trying to give you some guidance would not be smart on our part. I'd recommend that you stick with batteries for the time being, or as you say, augment the power with your generator during peak power draw times. Thread will remain closed.

1. How does a capacitor battery power work in a microwave?

A capacitor battery power works in a microwave by storing electrical energy in the form of an electric field. When the microwave is turned on, the capacitor releases this stored energy to power the magnetron, which creates the microwaves that heat up the food.

2. What is the role of capacitors in a microwave?

The main role of capacitors in a microwave is to store electrical energy and release it in short bursts to power the magnetron. They also help to stabilize the voltage and prevent power surges.

3. How do microwaves use capacitors to heat food?

Microwaves use capacitors to heat food by producing high-frequency microwaves that cause the water molecules in the food to vibrate, creating heat. The capacitors supply the energy needed to create these microwaves.

4. Can a microwave still work if its capacitor is damaged?

No, a microwave will not work properly if its capacitor is damaged. The capacitor plays a crucial role in powering the magnetron and without it, the microwave will not be able to produce the necessary heat to cook food.

5. Are there safety concerns with using a microwave with capacitors?

There can be safety concerns with using a microwave with capacitors, as they store a high amount of electrical energy. It is important to properly discharge the capacitors before attempting to repair or replace them, and to always follow the manufacturer's instructions for safe operation.