1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mirroring using a concave mirror

1. Mar 11, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    mCzZXfT.png
    An object is mirrored in a concave mirror. Construct the image of the object using two rays from the object. (draw in the picture)

2. Relevant equations
    None needed?

3. The attempt at a solution
    So the upward arrow is the object, f is the focal point I assume. I am to draw two rays from the arrow and show how the image is constructed. From what I've read, the image should be inside the mirror, but at the same time a focal point is shown? I don't even know where to begin at this point.

Is this a correct assumption?
    eL972Sv.png

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2015 #2

Quantum Defect

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Draw two rays from the top of the arrow, using the rules that you should know:

Rays parallel to the optic axis, will pass through the focus when reflected.

Rays passing through the foucs will be reflected parallel to the optic axis.

Where these rays intersect will be the position of the arrow head of the image.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted