Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mixer (Modulator, Frequency Multiplier whatever)

  1. Jul 24, 2007 #1
    Hi guys

    I am now building a simple synchronous detection circuit, I have now two signal generators, one generate a 20 MHz sinusoidal signal, and the other one gives a 19.99 MHz signal. If now I want to down-convert the 20 MHz signal into a 10 kHz signal, what kind of mixer (part number) can I use to achieve this kind of task?

    I have been browsing the web for a long time, but at the moment I can only find a LM1496 chip (which is pretty old), I am pretty sure there are some newer and better chips which can satisfy my need

    Thank you very much for ur help!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2007 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook