Model for the physics of motion

In summary: However, as the author mentions, there are many more variables which would need to be taken into account in order to create a truly scientific model.
matb
Using simplified models for the muscles, ligaments, and cartileges, do you think that it's feasible to construct a scientific model for all of the interactions of motion that occur in the human body in order to calculate optimal transmission of force whilst moving, striking, and evading?

Given the relatively primitive state of sport science even for top level athletes, I assume that this is akin to building a weather model that takes into account all the variables. It seems to me that there are only a limited number of components and joint types, each with their own range of movement, so it shouldn't be THAT difficult for people who know what they're doing...

To what degree is it possible to examine and prove the deliterious effects of certain movements, such as deep knee bends, classical sit ups, and knuckle push ups upon the body?

I ask because I'm a karate instructor with a large web site, and I have a strong intuition that the way in which karateka train and move (not counting actual combat) is extremely bad for their long-term health. That being the case, I'd very much llike to develop better ways of training that
are beneficial to my students and myself.

Many thanks in advance.

Biology news on Phys.org
Just very, very complicated.
too many joints, too many levers, too many muscles, too many muscular patterns...

You'll find a pseudo-chaotic system where too many variables are unkown.

This kind of modelling is covered by those with a grasp of both mechanical principles and biology (anatomy). Search under biomechanics and human motion Here is an example

There are courses taught specifically on Biomechanics. Here is one text I found. (this reference "examines techniques used to measure and analyze all body movements as mechanical systems, including such everyday movements as walking.")

Some of those concepts would be covered within the discipline of exercise physiology as well.

1. What is the "Model for the physics of motion"?

The "Model for the physics of motion" is a theoretical framework that describes the behavior of objects in motion. It is based on fundamental principles of physics, such as Newton's Laws of Motion, and can be used to make predictions and calculations about the motion of objects.

2. How does the "Model for the physics of motion" explain motion?

The model explains motion by considering the forces acting on an object and how it responds to those forces. It describes how objects move, accelerate, and interact with other objects in a given system.

3. What are the key components of the "Model for the physics of motion"?

The key components of the model include position, velocity, acceleration, and force. These quantities are used to describe the motion of an object and are related through equations such as Newton's Second Law of Motion.

4. How is the "Model for the physics of motion" used in real-world applications?

The model is used in a wide range of real-world applications, such as designing vehicles, predicting the trajectories of projectiles, and understanding the motion of celestial bodies. It is also used in sports to analyze the performance of athletes and improve their techniques.

5. What are the limitations of the "Model for the physics of motion"?

While the model is a powerful tool for understanding and predicting motion, it has its limitations. It is based on simplified assumptions and may not accurately describe the behavior of objects in all situations, such as at the atomic or subatomic level. Additionally, it does not take into account factors such as air resistance and friction, which can affect the motion of objects in the real world.