1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Moment of Inertia of an Ellipsoid

1. Mar 25, 2010 #1
    I seem to be off by a factor of 2 on the answer to this problem but I can't find where I went wrong. The term in front should be 1/5 and not 2/5. Does anybody see the mistake in my work? It is attached in a word document because I can't figure out how to put the equations into this post otherwise.

Thanks!
    Andrew

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2010 #2

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Just to let you know, many people, myself included, that might otherwise have a look at your stuff won't bother to open a word document. It is as easy to put your equations here as in a word document in the first place.

4. Mar 25, 2010 #3
    I tried to put the equations in my post but it didn't seem to work. Is there any special way to put equations into a post that I'm not seeing?

5. Mar 25, 2010 #4

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You put the equations in LaTeX format surrounded by tex tags. You can learn just by looking at other's posts. For example just to give you some ideas, click on this:

[tex]H(x)=\int_{0}^{\frac{\pi}{2}} \frac {f^2(x)}{g(x,\theta)} d\theta[/tex]

6. Mar 27, 2010 #5
    Thanks! That helped a lot

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook