Moments Of A Couple probably just something simple.

  • Thread starter Thread starter withthemotive
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Couple Moments
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
withthemotive
Messages
21
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/lollipopgourmet/untitled.jpg

If the couple has a magnitude of M, determine the magnitude F of the couple forces.
Since this is an X-Y plane, I assumed the equation would simple just be M=Fd, where I know the moment, and just have to add the the the forces multiplied by their respective distances.


The Attempt at a Solution



My attempt was simple set it up like this.

M=Fd
250 = F(3/5)(sqrt(17)) - F(4/5)(9)
Mostly I just want some certification that this is either right or wrong and if it's wrong to be steered in the right direction with possibly a new answer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The moment between 2 || forces is going to be the ⊥ distance between their lines of action isn't it?

I'm not certain that's what you found.