Monster crocodile finally caught!

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
For weeks, a huge salt water crocodile has terrorized a fishing district in the Philippines, attacking several people and suspected of having eaten at least one fisherman.
At last, it was caught in a trap, and will now be transferred to a zoo where it is expected to be the big star.
It IS rather big, measuring 6.4 metres (previous record was 5.74), weighing 1075 kilograms..
http://news.yahoo.com/giant-crocodile-captured-alive-philippines-134625838.html

Answers and Replies

For weeks, a huge salt water crocodile has terrorized a fishing district in the Philippines, attacking several people and suspected of having eaten at least one fisherman.
At last, it was caught in a trap, and will now be transferred to a zoo where it is expected to be the big star.
It IS rather big, measuring 6.4 metres (previous record was 5.74), weighing 1075 kilograms..
http://news.yahoo.com/giant-crocodile-captured-alive-philippines-134625838.html

well that's a shame

wukunlin
Gold Member
i can't help but think about how the eaten fisherman's family feel about this...

From the title of this thread, I first thought you were talking about shoes. I think the zoo should at least give that family free access.

i can't help but think about how the eaten fisherman's family feel about this...
There are several other large crocs still at large in the vicinity, any one of which could eat a person. Regardless, it is only suspected that a croc killed and ate the guy. All they actually know is that he disappeared when he went out fishing.