Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Monster crocodile finally caught!

1. Sep 6, 2011 #1

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

For weeks, a huge salt water crocodile has terrorized a fishing district in the Philippines, attacking several people and suspected of having eaten at least one fisherman.
    At last, it was caught in a trap, and will now be transferred to a zoo where it is expected to be the big star.
    It IS rather big, measuring 6.4 metres (previous record was 5.74), weighing 1075 kilograms..
    http://news.yahoo.com/giant-crocodile-captured-alive-philippines-134625838.html

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2011 #2
    well that's a shame

4. Sep 6, 2011 #3

wukunlin

Gold Member

i can't help but think about how the eaten fisherman's family feel about this...

5. Sep 6, 2011 #4
    From the title of this thread, I first thought you were talking about shoes. I think the zoo should at least give that family free access.

6. Sep 6, 2011 #5
    There are several other large crocs still at large in the vicinity, any one of which could eat a person. Regardless, it is only suspected that a croc killed and ate the guy. All they actually know is that he disappeared when he went out fishing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook