More likely to get a shock on a dry day?

  • Thread starter elektrik
  • Start date
1
0

Main Question or Discussion Point

Why are we more likely to get a shock on a dry day than on a rainy day?
 

Answers and Replies

360
21
When the air is dry you don't discharge static you build up while moving, until you touch some other decent conductor such as your sweeties lips or your car door. When the air is moist you discharge to the air as quickly as you charge.
 

Related Threads for: More likely to get a shock on a dry day?

Replies
4
Views
10K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
897
Replies
11
Views
13K
Replies
4
Views
3K
  • Poll
  • Last Post
Replies
12
Views
14K
Replies
9
Views
5K
Replies
13
Views
25K
Replies
109
Views
21K
Top