Shop 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED Bulbs

• Thread starter Logger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Led
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of getting MR16 bulbs in 220v and whether or not they require a power supply or transducer to step the voltage down to 12/24 DC. The person asking the question also mentions trying to find information online and thanking the other person for suggesting Wikipedia as a resource.
Logger
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it was possible to get MR16 bulbs in 220v(I live in Ireland).Do all MR16 bulbs have to have a power supply or transducer to step the voltage down to 12/24 DC or can they just run on mains without the p.supply?

Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Logger said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it was possible to get MR16 bulbs in 220v(I live in Ireland).Do all MR16 bulbs have to have a power supply or transducer to step the voltage down to 12/24 DC or can they just run on mains without the p.supply?

Thanks in advance.

The Wikipedia is often a good first step...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MR16#Variations

Thank you so much for your reply.I tried a few websites for information but couldn't find what I needed.
Why didn't I think of Wiki:eek:

Thanks

1. What is the difference between MR16 and GU5.3 LED bulbs?

MR16 and GU5.3 are two different types of bases for LED bulbs. MR16 bulbs have a diameter of 16mm and are typically used for track lighting and recessed lighting. GU5.3 bulbs have a diameter of 5.3mm and are commonly used in low voltage lighting fixtures. The main difference is the size and shape of the base, so it's important to check which type your fixture requires before purchasing.

2. Are 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulbs compatible with all lighting fixtures?

No, not all lighting fixtures are compatible with 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulbs. These bulbs are designed for use with low voltage lighting systems, so they may not work with standard line voltage fixtures. It's important to check the voltage requirements of your fixture before purchasing and consult with a professional if you are unsure.

3. What is the lifespan of a 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulb?

The lifespan of a 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulb can vary depending on the brand and usage, but on average they can last up to 25,000 hours. This is significantly longer than traditional incandescent bulbs, making them a more energy-efficient and cost-effective option in the long run.

4. Are there any benefits to using 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulbs?

Yes, there are several benefits to using 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulbs. They are more energy-efficient, produce less heat, and have a longer lifespan compared to traditional bulbs. They also come in a variety of colors and can be dimmed, providing more flexibility in lighting options.

5. Can 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulbs be used to replace halogen bulbs?

Yes, 220V MR16/GU5.3 LED bulbs can be used to replace halogen bulbs. However, it's important to make sure that the wattage and voltage of the LED bulb match the halogen bulb being replaced. Also, keep in mind that LED bulbs may have a different color temperature than halogen bulbs, so the lighting effect may be slightly different.