1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MSc Physics and Technology of Nuclear Reactors UK

1. Jul 13, 2011 #1
    Hello

I am finishing my physics degree and I am interested in doing postgraduate study in the area of nuclear physics. I was thinking about doing the course mentioned in the title, which is offered at the University of Birmingham. Does anyone know anything about this course, or other courses (preferably in the UK) which would be suitable courses for training to become a nuclear physicist.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2011 #2
    I think it's targeted at physicists, engineers and mathematicians and is funded quite well by the industry which don't quote me but seems to have a lack of graduates. I've read the course structure, it's on the web, it's a mixture of reactor physics, safety, materials, economics...

2/3rds of participants are suppose to have a job before they graduate, quoting an email I got. You should speak to Dr Paul Norman, I've been reading some of the course texts books recommended which gives you some insight into the nuclear industry at the moment.

Nuclear Renaissance - W J Nuttall

Look forward to your reply.

4. Aug 16, 2011 #3
    Yes I read the course website also. Safety exercises. Economics. Seems more like a vocational degree to me. Thanks for that reference.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook