• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

From MSc Nuclear Physics to PhD medical physics is it possible?

• Thread starter Balami
  • Start date
Hi I need help. I have my masters in Nuclear physics from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Nigeria but am passionate about studying for medical physics in my PhD specializing in either Nuclear medicine or radiotherapy. Please any University that will admit on fully funded scholarship am open to suggestions and guide. Please!

berkeman

Mentor
Please any University that will admit on fully funded scholarship am open to suggestions and guide.
I would think that to get a fully-funded scholarship, your record up to now would have to be quite outstanding. Can you share some of your major accomplishments with us that you will be putting on your application to these schools?

We also have a number of folks who are very experienced in Medical Physics. You should get good responses to your questions here. :smile:

Choppy

Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
These days it's rare for medical physics PhD programs to be "fully" funded, particularly for international students, where tuition tends to be higher. That said, there are many programs where they offer a combination of stipends, teaching assistanceships, research assistanceships, and work doing quality assurance measurements that allow students to fully support themselves through the process without taking on any student debt. You might want to start by checking out some of the accredited medical physics programs in Canada, where this is often the case.

The full list of CAMPEP-accredited programs is here:
https://www.campep.org/campeplstgrad.asp