Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Muggles Shocked By Horny Potter

1. Jan 31, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=180111

In an effort to reassure his fans, Radcliffe promises to wave his magic wand.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: It concerns me when it's the parents who seem unable to distinguish his character from who he really is. I suggest simply not taking their 9-year-old to see the play if this bothers them. :rolleyes: And, yeah, like they won't take the kid to see future Harry Potter movies if the kid is that into them...I'd like to see them explain why he can't see the movie (sorry, kiddo, but the actor that plays Harry Potter took all his clothes off in public, so now you can't see the movie). :rofl:

Do they think his career should just end when the books and movies run out?

4. Jan 31, 2007 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Its not as if the act of nudity was a public offence either since it was deemed necessary by the author of the play to convey whatever message they were trying to convey. Plus one has to pay to see the production and if you know the play has nudity in it that offends you then don't pay to see it.

I just worry for a boy of that age with all his hormones raging that his act of public nudity doesn't take a turn for the worse. :rolleyes:

5. Jan 31, 2007 #4
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Jan 31, 2007 #5
    OK. Harry potter is not real?:rolleyes: :tongue2: :biggrin:

7. Jan 31, 2007 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why are we not allowed to smack parents?

8. Jan 31, 2007 #7

Mk

Jeez! And it's a naked girl that is with him in that scene if I remember correctly! But it's such a huge production he's done it a million times probably.

9. Jan 31, 2007 #8

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Speaking of smacking parents, a few days ago there was one about a 7th grade health teacher who got relieved because he started the sex ed class by having kids draw genitalia on the blackboard. http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2007-01-27-teacher_x.htm

At least not all the parents are that dense:

10. Jan 31, 2007 #9

radou

Homework Helper

Think of it this way: if Radcliffe was a girl, this wouldn't be such a great deal, would it? :devil: :smile:

11. Jan 31, 2007 #10
  12. Jan 31, 2007 #11

Mk

:uhh: Uhhhh... what? :smile:

13. Jan 31, 2007 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, I got lost when Mk started going on about huge productions.

14. Jan 31, 2007 #13
    Double standards in Western society again.Now,I'm going to digress a little by a rethorical question:
    What has happend with known phrase "Make love ,not War?
    Stays just a phrase ,and nothing else.
    On TV ,in newspapers,magazines you can see every day explicite pictures of humans killing each other :Blood everywhere.But when it comes to a nudity or 'God forbid' explicit sex between two person that's just 'awful',don't show that to our kids.:yuck:
    But let's face the paradox logically :What' worse :The utter violence with deaths as outcome,or natural sexual activities?

15. Jan 31, 2007 #14

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've never understood how sexuality could offend anyone. Surely its a natural process that can be discussed rationally by adults or portrayed in plays or any other similar medium without everyone going crazy because somebody is naked.

16. Jan 31, 2007 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Especially parents. Surely they got over whatever their hang-ups about it were long enough to conceive the child they are afraid might discover it for themselves one day. :rolleyes:

17. Jan 31, 2007 #16
    Welcome to sexual suppression by society.

Making babies is a secret. The parents don't want you to know.

And I'm sure this is the start of his nude scenes in movies.

18. Jan 31, 2007 #17

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You see the problem is that the older we get, the less found we are of nudity; and for good reason!

19. Feb 1, 2007 #18
    Speak for yourself:wink: :biggrin:

I've formed the impression that alot of US citizens are a little prudish about nakedness, probably the puritan influences :smile: in most countries in Europe you'd practically have to have sex with a pool table to raise an eyebrow,

"Oh sex with a horse" ....."what sort of horse is it, pony? Or shire horse?"

"Don't know?" *shrug* :tongue2:

Er I think it probably would, but in an entirely different way. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equus_(play)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  20. Feb 1, 2007 #19

verty

Homework Helper

Well I must say, and this is not on account of any nudity, it seems well worth missing. If being mentally ill is having passion, I'm glad and greatly thankful to be unpassionate.

21. Feb 1, 2007 #20

radou

Homework Helper

Well, that's what I was talking about. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?