Multiple simultaneous sample observations on a Microscope device?

Summary:
Multiple samples observations on a Microscope device.
Is it possible to design & construct a Microscope (optical or Electron) which can take multiple slides samples instead of a single sample slide at a time?.

Possible construction of the Sample Slides target is a circular disc holding say 5-10 sample slides. The Circular disc can be rotated holding the 5-10 sample slides. Light or Electrons evenly focussed on all the sample slides.

I.e. Different chambers for samples been observed with the Light or Electrons focussed on all the sample slides at a single time to produce multiple images of the respective slides.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Attachments

• images (26).jpeg
    images (26).jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 11

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Probably. What is the application? Are you wanting to superpose the multiple optical images for some reason?

Likes akerkarprashant
Thanks.

My intention was to view multiple sample slides at a single time which could be same logically grouped blood, urine, stool, semen, sputum etc. Useful for comparison of samples at a single time i.e. say blood.

Even if the samples are not logically grouped, one can view different samples images at a single time. Place all the 5-10 sample slides in the circular tray which can be rotated 360°.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thanks.

I feel the automated Microscope Robotic slide loading system which you described fulfills the requirements.

The product can be customised to suit different microscopes viz optical, electron etc.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Likes BillTre and berkeman
jim mcnamara
Mentor
There are automated CBC machines that read sample after sample. One I saw running -- by Bekman(?) Inc. -- ran 200+ samples per hour. CBC involves enumerating cell types in a blood sample. So this operation involves looking at and then and categorizing lots of cells in a single sample.

If you are doing medical research you probably can get "time" on machines like this through charitable use options.

Likes BillTre and akerkarprashant