Is My Daughter's Artwork Truly Handmade or Digitally Enhanced?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Art
In summary: Although.. gasp.. our birthdays are 3 days apart! Oooh how do I contact her agent?Must. get. martinis.Yea that was a little.. desperate. I mean sure I'd take out Katy Perry for a few martinis and then watch her kiss another girl. It could be fun. I don't think she would go for me though :biggrin:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I will combine this with the other art thread, but wanted to share a couple of pictures that Spawn of Evo has done recently. I always say that she is an artist, but have never posted her work.

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/3827/spawnfriend.jpg

[URL]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/639/spawnelfgirl.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! Those are amazing! Has Zooby seen these?

Those are really great!

Math Is Hard said:
Wow! Those are amazing! Has Zooby seen these?
No, he hasn't.

lisab said:
Those are really great!
Thanks! I wish I had more. She doesn't think she's talented enough to pursue art, or hasn't.

Evo said:
I will combine this with the other art thread, but wanted to share a couple of pictures that Spawn of Evo has done recently. I always say that she is an artist, but have never posted her work.

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/3827/spawnfriend.jpg

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/639/spawnelfgirl.jpg[/QUOTE]

WOW. I'm in love :biggrin:

More than amazing. They are beautiful.

cronxeh said:

The first one, or the second one?

cronxeh said:

With an elf?

Pengwuino said:
With an elf?

OK first picture.. http://a.imageshack.us/img709/3827/spawnfriend.jpg
I almost drowned in her blue eyes.. and the hair looks like golden rye.

Second picture.. http://a.imageshack.us/img709/639/spawnelfgirl.jpg the hair looks like silk.. the eyes - again.. entrancing.. purplish elf theme, not bad, but that nose is not enough to sustain life. too small.

Another of her drawing styles.

spawnotherfriend.jpg

Evo said:

spawnotherfriend.jpg

I just realized that those are based on real people.. Is that you?

cronxeh said:
I just realized that those are based on real people.. Is that you?
Nope.

Evo said:
Nope.

Moar pics!

I says.. Art just like beauty is meant to be admired, displayed and shared with the world, and not locked away in a safe or a dungeon.

cronxeh said:
Moar pics!
I'll get more tomorrow. Glad you like them. I like her cute monsters.

So not only is your daughter amazingly beautiful she's an artist to boot!

I love computer art :smile: I took a few courses in high school and did it as a hobby I could never do portraits though manly did abstract things or spacescapes etc.. Simple. :wink:

These are amazing though, does she use a tablet?

I would love to see some more!

So is she a professional artist?

Evo said:

spawnotherfriend.jpg

the other friend is Linda Ronstadt ?

Proton Soup said:
the other friend is Linda Ronstadt ?

I was thinking Katy Perry actually, lol.

Its kind of funny I've never seen Katy Perry's picture before.. She is actually quite beautiful.

I just call them spawn friends, they don't have names, I have no idea who they are. Thanks cronxeh, nice to see the comparison.

Wait until you see the bat.

Evo said:
I just call them spawn friends, they don't have names, I have no idea who they are. Thanks cronxeh, nice to see the comparison.

Wait until you see the bat.

I still want to know who the smurf and the golden rye hair girl are based on!

cronxeh said:
Its kind of funny I've never seen Katy Perry's picture before.. She is actually quite beautiful.

As soon as I saw it I thought Katy Perry, but I read the name of the file and it said 'other friend' so I didn't bother asking :-p. And yes I would agree Katy Perry is extremely beautiful... oh the things I would do to her.

Don't want to sidetrack Evos thread though. Or maybe get banned and possibly hunted down by police.

zomgwtf said:
As soon as I saw it I thought Katy Perry, but I read the name of the file and it said 'other friend' so I didn't bother asking :-p. And yes I would agree Katy Perry is extremely beautiful... oh the things I would do to her.

Don't want to sidetrack Evos thread though. Or maybe get banned and possibly hunted down by police.

Yea that was a little.. desperate. I mean sure I'd take out Katy Perry for a few martinis and then watch her kiss another girl. It could be fun. I don't think she would go for me though :biggrin:

Although.. gasp.. our birthdays are 3 days apart! Oooh how do I contact her agent? Must. get. martinis.

zomgwtf said:
I was thinking Katy Perry actually, lol.

heh, that'll work. and i see it does. damn generation gap.

Pretty!

And it is good to see cron in love again.

Stands up well as professional book cover illustrations.

Did you say cute monsters?

yes please!

She's got talent.

Very nice pics, Evo. Looking forward to the next round today.

Great Job M, Excellent, Airbrush?

Hm mayby I should dig up my old Aerograph super 93

I've never heard of Katy Perry, whoever she is, so that reference is lost on me. Regardless, those are supremely beautiful images. If she doesn't think that she has talent, you should give her a good whap upside the head with semi-thawed halibut and tell her to think again.

Those are very nice Evo. I'd be so proud of mine if she did that! Mine writes though and I always try to show her how proud I am of that, or anything else she does.

I mean, what's wrong with her trying to draw a very nice picture of you? She's done that already hasn't she? Maybe though you're a little shy to show us though. :)

These are very good. By the way, my father's Art too.