Is My Daughter's Artwork Truly Handmade or Digitally Enhanced?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Art
In summary: Although.. gasp.. our birthdays are 3 days apart! Oooh how do I contact her agent?Must. get. martinis.Yea that was a little.. desperate. I mean sure I'd take out Katy Perry for a few martinis and then watch her kiss another girl. It could be fun. I don't think she would go for me though :biggrin:
Borek said:
Pretty!

And it is good to see cron in love again.

I'm never really out of it :-p

Physics news on Phys.org
Jimmy Snyder said:
These are very good. By the way, my father's Art too.

What a coincidence, my neighbor's also Art!

lisab said:
What a coincidence, my neighbor's also Art!

You live in a gallery?

My name is Art Vandelay. I'm an architect.

Very nice! I hope she does realize she has talent.

leroyjenkens said:
My name is Art Vandelay. I'm an architect.

Nicely done.

Danger said:
I've never heard of Katy Perry, whoever she is, so that reference is lost on me. Regardless, those are supremely beautiful images. If she doesn't think that she has talent, you should give her a good whap upside the head with semi-thawed halibut and tell her to think again.

She kissed a girl and she liked it, 'nuff said.

Your daughter has a good sense of shading and perspective Evo.

Evo,

Your daughter is truly amazing, would you say she qualifies in the above average percentile in the http://www.growminds.com/TheArts/GTinArt.htm" ?
I am no connoisseur of artistic skill, but looking at the list below from the link above I would say she scores high in every category except maybe the last one, how about a few of her doodles or incomplete sketches ?
Really cool stuff, now if only Zooby would show his face and give us his expert opinion on the subject this thread would be complete, IMHO.
Characteristics of the Artwork
* Verisimilitude
Children gifted in art develop the desire and the ability to depict people and other subjects from their environment at an earlier age than other children.
* Compositional Control
The elements of composition, color, space and movement are handled with greater sensitivity by visually gifted students.
* Complexity and Elaboration
Intellectual development is connected to the ability to relate information and observations about objects. Sensitivity to detail and the use of memory are directly related to complexity and elaboration.
* Memory and Detail
Even young gifted children are interested in detail and are more inventive in their drawings and sculpture than other children.
* Sensitivity to Art Media
The visually gifted child is more likely to explore and experiment with media, and achieve technical control, which results in a more elegant finished product. This is especially noticeable from upper elementary age on.
* Random Improvisation
Doodling and improvising with the effects of lines, shapes, and patterns are a favorite activity of the visually gifted child. The gifted child uses her ability to invent, depict, and describe to create meaning.

Rhody...:approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol does she know you're posting all this on the forums? I'd be quite embarrassed if I suddenly found a parent posting about me in front of the anonymous internet masses.

Blenton said:
lol does she know you're posting all this on the forums? I'd be quite embarrassed if I suddenly found a parent posting about me in front of the anonymous internet masses.
She doesn't mind me posting stuff about her art.

Evo said:
She doesn't mind me posting stuff about her art.

I bet that doesn't cover pictures of her in a mini skirt :-p

Hey, you got any more?

Nice Evo child! :)

How old is she Evo?

cronxeh said:
I bet that doesn't cover pictures of her in a mini skirt :-p

Hey, you got any more?
That picture was taken by a photographer friend of hers, I love it. I always use it.

drizzle said:
Nice Evo child! :)

How old is she Evo?

Evo said:
That picture was taken by a photographer friend of hers, I love it. I always use it.

Whatchu mean you 'use it'. For like a profile? :bugeye:

cronxeh said:
Whatchu mean you 'use it'. For like a profile? :bugeye:
As her picture. Good grief.

Evo said:
As her picture. Good grief.

Yeah that's what I mean, mang don't get snippeh on meh now :rolleyes:

Do you have like a match.com profile using her pic? Do tell!

cronxeh said:
Yeah that's what I mean, mang don't get snippeh on meh now :rolleyes:

She's in a long term relationship.

Evo said:

You gave me a great idea. I should get a facepalm tattoo

This thread reminds me of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2y6S8CwPJA

cronxeh said:

Online dating ? Isn't it kinda cheap for a man with an ambulance ?:smile:

Evo said:

A budding artist who is genuinely lovely, and the daughter of someone with the brains to be a PF mentor? Yeah, if the guy has any brains she'll never be "on the market" again.

nismaratwork said:
Yeah, if the guy has any brains she'll never be "on the market" again.

Should we understand that she has nothing to say about it :P ?

Last edited:
I wonder if assuming it is a guy is politically correct :devil:

Borek said:
I wonder if assuming it is a guy is politically correct :devil:

Being politically correct sucks.:devil:

nismaratwork said:
A budding artist who is genuinely lovely, and the daughter of someone with the brains to be a PF mentor? Yeah, if the guy has any brains she'll never be "on the market" again.

How you know she's genuinely lovely? Oh, you mean her looks? yeah, that I guess but personally I think lovely is way more than just looking good. I mean you could have a beautiful woman who is just awful in more than 100 ways. And from a biologist perspective, just because . . .

No offense Evo. She looks quite confident and head-strong to me.

I really like her art work, and she, much like her mother is lovely.

jackmell said:
No offense Evo. She looks quite confident and head-strong to me.
You know her, don't you? :wink:

Thanks hypatia. She's straight Borek.

I'm still waiting on more pics.

Give me the older version any day :devil:

wolram said:
Give me the older version any day :devil:
I'm available and could be packed in a few hours!

Evo said:

Is she the one whose picture you posted with her boyfriend when they went out to some trip?

No, that was Child, not Spawn.

Evo said:
I will combine this with the other art thread, but wanted to share a couple of pictures that Spawn of Evo has done recently. I always say that she is an artist, but have never posted her work.

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/3827/spawnfriend.jpg

[PLAIN]http://a.imageshack.us/img709/639/spawnelfgirl.jpg[/QUOTE]

Remarkable, in fact. Are these done with a computer? Is it chalk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Her work is really good, Evo. Is she being modest saying that she thinks she doesn't have talent? Because it's beyond evident that she does.

Spawn of Evo, that is some beautiful work!

GeorginaS said:
Her work is really good, Evo. Is she being modest saying that she thinks she doesn't have talent? Because it's beyond evident that she does.
Since her first artwork at 18 months, she's always been a traditional medium artist. She could not be stopped, it was all she did all day, every day. Her first grade teacher told us that art was her life, a prediction that seems to be coming true.

While she's confident in her traditional artistic ability, she never believed she could become a digital/computer artist, she didn't think she was talented enough. I say baloney.

Also, I need to get more examples.