Naming My Ghost Pepper: Help Me Choose from Russ, Greg, V50, Doc Al, and Monique

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: Caspar!In summary, Russ Waters is the creator of the Bhut Jolokia chili pepper, Greg Bernhardt is a strong and in control person, Vanadium 50 is not to be messed with, and Doc Al likes sardines. Monique is fiery under her cool exterior, and nominations for the ghost pepper should come from the forum members. V50 is the first mentor Rhody had on the forum, and he is pithy, short, and to the point. If V50 makes an appearance, Russ Waters can win the ghost pepper, but I vote for Janus.
FlexGunship said:
I can't help but nominate myself!

FlexGunship... often way over the top, too much for the average person to handle, with a preposterously awesome name.

Oh yeah, and narcissistic... I heard ghost peppers were narcissistic.
Nope, but they don't suffer fools easily. They demand respect, ignore their heat (for all but a select few used to it like Turbo) at your peril. :biggrin:

Side note: I sent Ghosts to Rhody child's boyfriend in the 82nd Airborne. He was thrown for a loop. I warned him. Nice guy too. He took their heat a bit too lightly.

Rhody...

Physics news on Phys.org
rhody said:
Nope, but they don't suffer fools easily. They demand respect, ignore their heat (for all but a select few used to it like Turbo) at your peril. :biggrin:
I don't think that Astro would have much trouble with ghosts, either. Once you have a steady relationship with habaneros (cutting, handling, and eating them) other chilies are less likely to surprise you. I remember many years ago when my sister and a friend were cutting up jalapenos for me for a cookout, and they were complaining that their fingers were burning afterward. I should have just chopped the chilies and avoided the drama.

Anyway, the ghosts have such a nice sweet flavor that it's no wonder they are popular in India. I haven't experimented with them as much as I should have, since their numbers are dwindling. I'm thinking that they would be wonderful in a vegetable stir-fry served over basmati rice. Bell peppers, celery, onion, garlic, and maybe some carrots and cherry tomatoes all WOK-ed up in peanut oil with ghosts.

Last edited:
physics girl phd said:
You beat me... and Jimmy... to this response! Good job!

:) !

So, Evo, do you have a name ? Or, have you given up the Ghost ? (pun intended).

Rhody...

Back