Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NC open with condensor microphone

1. Nov 4, 2009 #1
    Hi all,

I am using an electronic timer when shooting (CED8000). This also has the possibility to record man vs man. For this I need a normally closed cable for each shooter. The cable should open for a very short time when a shot is "heard".

The manufacturer does not sell such cables, and has no tips on how to make them.

I hope someone here can show me how to make such cables.

t is for the CED8000 found here http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object518 [Broken]

have a nice day
    Arne

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2009 #2

vk6kro

Science Advisor

What are you shooting? Is this for paint ball fights?

Why do you need to switch the cables? Do you have a circuit diagram of the present setup?

What are you timing?

4. Nov 6, 2009 #3
    Scenario is:

2 shoters with each 5 targets.
    The timer records, among other things, the time for each shot and total time.

So I need 2 cables, each with a micophone at one end and a jack in the other end. The cables should be normaly closed and open for each shot. The opening of the closed cable will be recorded in the timer as a shot, and the time recorded.

(The competition is to shoot down the 5 targets fastest, and is done for all calibers, .22 - .38)

The shots come very fast and therefore the circuit must close again very fast after each shot. The normal time for shooting down the 5 targets is around 2-4 seconds.

Hope you have an idea :-)

5. Nov 6, 2009 #4
    Problem is solved.
    Thanks anyway

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook