Nee help in solving aproblem

• Thread starter prathu41
  • Start date
In summary, the problem involves solving for the temperature distribution between two spheres separated by a distance and heated to maintain equal temperatures. This results in an infinite set of equations in coefficients, which can be truncated to a set of finite equations by considering only the equations and unknowns with n<N. A computer program is needed to solve for A_n given a value of R and N, and the results are then plotted for A_0 as N varies from 2 to 20. Another plot is generated by varying R from 2 to 8 with N set at 20, and the results are compared to an approximate formula for A_0.
prathu41

I don't know where to start and where and i do not understand the problem could you help me out please

In solving for the temperature distribution resulting from two spheres separated by distance and heated to maintain their temperatures equal to unity one derives the following set of infinite equations in coefficients

An + sigma [( Ap*(-1)^ n+p * (n+p)!/n!p! * (R)^-n-p-1] = Sn0

sigma is over the limit p=0 to p=infinity , n=0,1,2,..

where Sno is equal to unity if , and zero otherwise. This infinite set can be truncated to a set of finite equations (N) in the same number of unknowns by considering only the equations and unknowns with n<N . Write a computer program that will solve An for a given value of R and N . Take R=2 and vary N from 2 to 20 and plot the results for Ao. Next, take N=20 and plot Ao versus R as R is varied from 2 to 8. Show the prediction of the following approximate formula:
Ao= 1/(1+R^-1 + R^-4)

Physics news on Phys.org
you need to copy the problem more accurately:

sigma is over the limit p=0 to p=infinity , n=0,1,2,..

THe usage of limit here is incorrect. I'd write: The summation is over the range p=0 to p=infinity.

the n=0,1,2,... isn't part of the summation. you get one equation with n=0, another with n=1 etc.

where Sno is equal to unity if , and zero otherwise.

What is this?

if you can't see what is going on, try to write out a few of the equations for n=0, 1,2

I would be happy to help you with solving this problem. First, it is important to understand the problem and what is being asked. From the given information, it seems that the problem involves calculating the temperature distribution between two heated spheres at a given distance. The equations provided involve coefficients and unknowns, and the goal is to create a computer program that can solve for the coefficients (An) for a given value of R and N.

To start, it may be helpful to review the equations provided and make sure you understand exactly what each term represents. Then, you can begin to break down the problem into smaller steps. For example, you could start by writing out the equations for a few different values of N and R to see if you can identify a pattern. This may also help you to understand how the equations change when N and R are varied.

Once you have a good understanding of the problem, you can begin to write the computer program. This may involve using a programming language such as Python or MATLAB. You will need to define the equations, set up a loop to vary N and R, and then plot the results. It may also be helpful to test your program with a few different values of N and R to make sure it is working correctly.

As you work on the problem, it may be helpful to consult with other scientists or professors for guidance and clarification. Additionally, there may be resources available online or in textbooks that can provide further explanation and assistance.

Remember, solving problems is a key part of being a scientist and it takes patience, persistence, and attention to detail. I am confident that with some effort and determination, you will be able to successfully solve this problem.

1. What steps should I take when trying to solve a problem?

The first step is to clearly define the problem and identify any constraints or limitations. Next, gather all relevant information and data related to the problem. Then, brainstorm possible solutions and evaluate their feasibility. Finally, select the best solution and create an action plan to implement it.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

The best way to improve problem-solving skills is through practice. Challenge yourself with different types of problems and actively seek feedback to identify areas for improvement. Additionally, constantly learning and expanding your knowledge can also enhance problem-solving abilities.

3. What should I do if I get stuck while trying to solve a problem?

If you get stuck, take a step back and approach the problem from a different angle. Sometimes, taking a break and coming back to the problem with a fresh perspective can also be helpful. It can also be beneficial to collaborate with others and get their insights and ideas.

4. How can I be more efficient in problem-solving?

To be more efficient in problem-solving, it is important to prioritize and focus on the most critical aspects of the problem. Breaking the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts can also help in identifying the root cause and finding a solution more efficiently. Additionally, using tools and techniques such as flowcharts or mind maps can improve the efficiency of problem-solving.

5. What can I do to prevent future problems?

To prevent future problems, it is important to reflect on the root cause of the problem and identify any patterns or recurring issues. Then, take proactive measures to address those underlying issues. Communicating effectively and setting clear expectations can also help in preventing future problems.