Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need a clarification regarding my project

1. Jul 11, 2014 #1
    i need a clarification regarding my project work..

can we compress the air inside the cylinder at bottom dead center by modifing the engine by introducing a plate at BDC to separate crank case and cylinder block. piston bottom compresses the air which we introduced into cylinder just after expansion stroke using plate as obstacle and sends pressurized air to intake manifold.,

actually my idea i like compressing air to pressurize just like turbo and super chargers do.

does this idea is possible.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2014 #2
    Yes it can be possible but this will lower the output energy or efficiency of the machine. Better to use the exhaust for chargers

4. Jul 12, 2014 #3
    Thank u Jmex..,
    Thanks for your positive reply it really help me alot to move further.
    Thanks alot

5. Jul 13, 2014 #4
    one clarification jmex,
    does reduction of output energy will be higher or lower?

6. Jul 15, 2014 #5
    What I believe from my experience will be less reduction in output but think about introducing another charge from the bottom portion. Design will be bit complicated but output will be great. This way you can use compressed air from both side as well as power from both side by every power stroke.

7. Jul 15, 2014 #6
    Sorry for late reply.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook