1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro Physics Need a good Thermodynamics book for science olympiad

1. Aug 30, 2017 #1
    My event description is "Create a device that retains heat prior to the event and answer thermodynamics questions". This is a high school to 1st year college level competition. I just need a textbook with the basic information on Thermodynamics as well as some information on insulation and the whatnot. Does anyone know any textbooks that fit this description?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Sep 5, 2017 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Every first-year university introductory physics textbook that I've used, has a few chapters about basic thermodynamics, and discusses things like heat transfer and insulation. If you've checked some of these already (which ones?), how are they not suitable for you? (what's missing?)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted