1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need an idea -- project about surveillance system camera

1. Mar 11, 2016 #1
    hello. i need a idea what can i upgrade in my project fyp. i want to make a project about survillance system camera. so i need to know what type sensor that need to upgrade or what can i improve right now.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

Can you explain your project better?

What is the primary goal for it?

4. Mar 11, 2016 #3
    first of all, i want to thank you because reply my post.the goal is about security system. For know, i want to make a system that can be recorded a video.i have using the pir sensor that can be recorded when have the movement. so i want upgrade new thing in my project.

5. Mar 11, 2016 #4

berkeman

Are you familiar with GoPro cameras? Or even just simple USB cameras...

Can you say more about the overall system? What is the controller (PC, laptop, tablet, Arduino, etc.)? Are you sending the video data over a network? If so, what kind of network (RF, wired, protocol, etc.)? :smile:

6. Mar 11, 2016 #5
    i don't familiar with GoPro cameras actually. the controller that i want to use is raspberry pi.raspberry pi can use a wifi to send the data over network.are you all familiar with raspberry pi???

7. Mar 11, 2016 #6

berkeman

http://shop.gopro.com/cameras
    Yes, I'm familiar with the Pi. Do you know what camera you will use? Do you know what datarate you will use, and what kind of video compression?

8. Mar 11, 2016 #7

Attached Files:

9. Mar 11, 2016 #8

jedishrfu

How about adding a tracking feature where the camera tracks some color like a section of red?

You could use a servo motor attached to the Pi.

Another idea would be to add a microphone to record the sound and possibly to start the video recording when you hear a sound.

10. Mar 11, 2016 #9
    thank jedishrfu because give me new idea.'camera track some color like a section of red'...what sensor i need to use???...do you have read file pdf what i have post???...what do you think....it easy to do that??

11. Mar 11, 2016 #10

jedishrfu

I think you'd need to use the pi to scan a video snapshot and based on where it spies the red color then move the camera a bit and check again.

12. Mar 12, 2016 #11
    i have a idea.maybe i can change the controller???..like why???...i don't know..any idea ???

13. Mar 12, 2016 #12

jedishrfu

We can't read you thoughts here. Can you be more explicit with what you're thinking?

What controller? Why do you want to change it? What are you trying to accomplish with the change?

Are you simply trying to make a project distinctly different from your classmate?

14. Mar 12, 2016 #13

berkeman

This is obviously a schoolwork project, and you are showing zero effort on your schoolwork, asking us to do if for you. That is cheating based on your lack of effort. This thread is closed.

If you still want our help, re-post this in the Homework Help forums, and fill out the HH Template showing your work. That is the only way you will get help on your schoolwork here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook