Need an idea -- project about surveillance system camera

In summary, you want to upgrade your camera to a GoPro. You are not sure what sensor you need to upgrade or what can be improved right now. You are using a pir sensor to track movement, but want to upgrade to a newer model. You are not familiar with GoPro cameras or Raspberry Pi.
mizieahmad
hello. i need a idea what can i upgrade in my project fyp. i want to make a project about survillance system camera. so i need to know what type sensor that need to upgrade or what can i improve right now.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Can you explain your project better?

What is the primary goal for it?

Likes mizieahmad
first of all, i want to thank you because reply my post.the goal is about security system. For know, i want to make a system that can be recorded a video.i have using the pir sensor that can be recorded when have the movement. so i want upgrade new thing in my project.

mizieahmad said:
first of all, i want to thank you because reply my post.the goal is about security system. For know, i want to make a system that can be recorded a video.i have using the pir sensor that can be recorded when have the movement. so i want upgrade new thing in my project.
Are you familiar with GoPro cameras? Or even just simple USB cameras...

Can you say more about the overall system? What is the controller (PC, laptop, tablet, Arduino, etc.)? Are you sending the video data over a network? If so, what kind of network (RF, wired, protocol, etc.)? :smile:

Likes mizieahmad
i don't familiar with GoPro cameras actually. the controller that i want to use is raspberry pi.raspberry pi can use a wifi to send the data over network.are you all familiar with raspberry pi?

mizieahmad said:
i don't familiar with GoPro cameras actually.
http://shop.gopro.com/cameras
mizieahmad said:
the controller that i want to use is raspberry pi.raspberry pi can use a wifi to send the data over network.are you all familiar with raspberry pi?
Yes, I'm familiar with the Pi. Do you know what camera you will use? Do you know what datarate you will use, and what kind of video compression?

How about adding a tracking feature where the camera tracks some color like a section of red?

You could use a servo motor attached to the Pi.

Another idea would be to add a microphone to record the sound and possibly to start the video recording when you hear a sound.

Likes mizieahmad
thank jedishrfu because give me new idea.'camera track some color like a section of red'...what sensor i need to use?...do you have read file pdf what i have post?...what do you think...it easy to do that??

I think you'd need to use the pi to scan a video snapshot and based on where it spies the red color then move the camera a bit and check again.

i have a idea.maybe i can change the controller?..like why?...i don't know..any idea ?

mizieahmad said:
i have a idea.maybe i can change the controller?..like why?...i don't know..any idea ?

We can't read you thoughts here. Can you be more explicit with what you're thinking?

What controller? Why do you want to change it? What are you trying to accomplish with the change?

Are you simply trying to make a project distinctly different from your classmate?

Likes mizieahmad
mizieahmad said:
This is obviously a schoolwork project, and you are showing zero effort on your schoolwork, asking us to do if for you. That is cheating based on your lack of effort. This thread is closed.

If you still want our help, re-post this in the Homework Help forums, and fill out the HH Template showing your work. That is the only way you will get help on your schoolwork here.

Likes mizieahmad

1. What is the purpose of a surveillance system camera?

A surveillance system camera is used to monitor and record activity in a specific area. It is often used for security purposes to deter crime and gather evidence in case of any incidents.

2. How does a surveillance system camera work?

A surveillance system camera captures video footage using an image sensor and records it onto a storage device. Some cameras also have motion sensors, night vision, and remote viewing capabilities.

3. What are the different types of surveillance system cameras?

There are several types of surveillance system cameras, including analog, IP, wireless, and PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras. Each type has its own features and capabilities, so it is important to choose the right one for your specific needs.

4. How can a surveillance system camera be beneficial?

A surveillance system camera can provide several benefits, such as deterring crime, monitoring activity in high-risk areas, and providing evidence in case of incidents. It can also improve safety and security in both residential and commercial settings.

5. What are some potential ethical concerns with the use of surveillance system cameras?

Some potential ethical concerns with the use of surveillance system cameras include invasion of privacy, misuse of footage, and potential bias in the monitoring and interpretation of footage. It is important to consider and address these concerns when implementing a surveillance system.