Is the Quadratic Formula the Only Solution to Quadratic Equations?

• Thread starter abia ubong
  • Start date
In summary, during a discussion about the quadratic formula, a forum member brought up a different formula and asked if it had been derived. The formula involves a fraction with a square root in the numerator and a polynomial expression in the denominator. Another member responded by explaining that this formula is equivalent to the quadratic formula and is not useful. However, the original member still wanted to know if it works for all cases and suggested cross multiplying to find out.
abia ubong
while working on the quadratic formula in school ,i came across another formula,and wanted to know if its been derived since i got this from the quadratic formula.the formula is as follows
[-b^3-2abc +or- sqrt(b^6-12a^2b^2c^2-16a^3c^3)]/(2ab^2+4a^2c).
please i want to know if it works for all.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Are u asking whether

[tex] \frac{-b\pm\sqrt{b^{2}-4ac}}{2a}=\frac{-b^{3}-2abc\pm\sqrt{b^{6}-12a^{2}b^{2}c^{2}-16a^{3}c^{3}}}{2ab^{2}+4a^{2}c} [/tex]

...?There's only one way to find out:CROSS MULTIPLY...:devil:

Daniel.

looks like the multiplication of both the nominator and the denominator by
[tex] b^{2}+2ac} [/tex]

regardless of if it works or not the form on the right is highly useless.

that was a hard thing to say inha, how useless is it ,i just came across it and felt like letting the forum know how correct it is and u call it useless.
thae was a hard thing 2 say

I'm sorry not to share your disspointment,but it's nothing more than a waste of ink and paper (or server space)...

Daniel.

1. What does "Need another confirmation" mean?

"Need another confirmation" is a request for additional evidence or proof to support a particular claim or statement. It indicates that the information or data presented is not yet fully verified.

2. Why is another confirmation needed?

Another confirmation may be needed to ensure the accuracy and validity of the original findings or to address any doubts or uncertainties that may arise. It helps to strengthen the reliability and credibility of the results.

3. How do scientists obtain another confirmation?

Scientists can obtain another confirmation through various methods such as conducting additional experiments, collecting more data, or seeking peer review from other experts in the field. It is important to follow rigorous and standardized procedures to ensure the reliability of the confirmation.

4. Is one confirmation enough for scientific research?

In most cases, one confirmation is not enough to draw definitive conclusions in scientific research. Reproducibility and multiple confirmations are key aspects of the scientific process to ensure the validity and reliability of the results. However, the number of confirmations needed may vary depending on the complexity and scope of the research.

5. Can "Need another confirmation" ever be resolved?

Yes, with additional evidence or data, "Need another confirmation" can be resolved. The scientific process is an ongoing and iterative process, and as more information is gathered and analyzed, the accuracy and certainty of the findings can improve. However, in some cases, complete resolution may not be possible due to limitations in technology or resources.