Need Book Suggestion for High School Algebra and Trigonometry

In summary, the conversation discussed the need for a good book for high school Algebra and Trigonometry. The suggested book was Algebra and Trigonometry (3rd Edition) by Beecher/Penna/Bittinger. Other books were also suggested, such as those by I.M. Gelfand, but the Beecher textbook was ultimately chosen. Some additional books were also mentioned as possible supplements to the Beecher book.
xCross
Hi,

I need a good book for high school Algebra. If possible, Algebra and Trigonometry both in one book.
By High School, I mean for age 15-17years. :P

I have chosen Algebra and Trigonometry (3rd Edition) by Beecher/Penna/Bittinger.
I think its a good book.

Please suggest me more books if you think there are better ones. :)

Thanks in advance.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Thanks for this precious suggestion.. :)

These books are really short and cheap too.
But I think I will be getting the Beecher's one.
So, should I buy these books along with that too? What's your suggestion?
Will I need them if I have the Beecher's one?

No problem. Those books are a little non-standard. They were mainly developed for distance learning in Russia (those linked to are in English though). They are good supplements, but if you are taking a class then a textbook might be a better choice. I'm not familiar with the Beecher textbook, but its reviews on Amazon are pretty good.

Related to Need Book Suggestion for High School Algebra and Trigonometry

1. What are some good books for learning high school algebra and trigonometry?

Some popular books for high school students learning algebra and trigonometry include "Algebra and Trigonometry" by Ron Larson and Robert Hostetler, "Saxon Algebra 2" by John H. Saxon Jr., and "The Humongous Book of Trigonometry Problems" by W. Michael Kelley.

2. Are there any books specifically designed for self-study of high school algebra and trigonometry?

Yes, there are several books specifically designed for self-study, including "Algebra and Trigonometry: Structure and Method, Book 2" by Richard G. Brown and Mary P. Dolciani and "Master Math: Algebra" by Debra Anne Ross. Additionally, many of the popular textbooks used in high schools also come with accompanying study guides for self-study.

3. Can you recommend a book that covers both algebra and trigonometry in one volume?

"Algebra and Trigonometry" by Michael Sullivan is a comprehensive book that covers both algebra and trigonometry in one volume. It is widely used in high school classrooms and is designed for both self-study and classroom instruction.

4. Are there any interactive or online resources for learning high school algebra and trigonometry?

Yes, there are many interactive and online resources available for learning high school algebra and trigonometry. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Mathisfun.com, and MathHelp.com. These resources offer video lessons, practice problems, and other interactive tools to help students learn and practice algebra and trigonometry concepts.

5. What are some tips for choosing the right book for high school algebra and trigonometry?

When choosing a book for high school algebra and trigonometry, consider your learning style and the level of difficulty you are comfortable with. Look for books that offer a clear and organized presentation of concepts, plenty of practice problems, and helpful explanations or solutions. It can also be helpful to read reviews or ask for recommendations from teachers or peers.