Need help calculating fuel flow rate

• Thread starter JoshH
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am working on something that I could use some help with. I have a flow sheet for some fuel injectors that gives fuel quantity through the injector with a set pressure and activation time for 4 different points with different activation times and pressures. I need to come up with a formula to help me calculate the amount of time the injector needs to be activated to give a set quantity of fuel at a set pressure for various different fuel quantities and pressures. Can anyone help me out with a formula that would allow me to do that? Thanks.

Answers and Replies

Andrew Mason
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I am working on something that I could use some help with. I have a flow sheet for some fuel injectors that gives fuel quantity through the injector with a set pressure and activation time for 4 different points with different activation times and pressures. I need to come up with a formula to help me calculate the amount of time the injector needs to be activated to give a set quantity of fuel at a set pressure for various different fuel quantities and pressures. Can anyone help me out with a formula that would allow me to do that? Thanks.
Welcome to PF Josh!

Assuming that the flow rate is fuel volume/unit time
Flow rate x time = volume, so time = Volume/Flow rate

Pressure determines the flow rate so if you know the flow rate for a given pressure, this should be pretty simple.

AM