Exploring Masters in Computational Nanotechnology: Urgent Help Needed!

• Thread starter White Death
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking guidance on whether they can study Computational Nanotechnology after obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. They are also asking for suggestions on a sub-field in Electrical Engineering that would lead to a Master's degree in Computational Nanotechnology. The conversation also includes advice to focus on getting good grades and gaining research experience in a related field. The person expresses interest in working at Intel and mentions their passion for programming, chips, and physics. They mention being in grad school and not currently working at a company.
White Death
Need your immediate help!

I need your immediate guidance on a real serious matter related to me:

Can I study COMPUTATIONAL NANOTECHNOLOGY after doing bachelors in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (Telecomm.)??

OR

Please suggest me a field in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING after which I can do masters in Computational Nanotechnology?

(Please DO NOT suggest any other field except Electrical engineering for bachelors. You are respectfully asked about SUB-FIELD in Electrical Engineering)

Tomorrow is the last day of my final verdict.

Answer me as soon as possible.

Peace!

Physics news on Phys.org

Guys, please please please reply

Generally, it doesn't really matter what you study as an undergraduate. If you have a degree in a technical field and graduate with good marks, you can study whatever you want in grad school.

As a person who has done research on compuational model of carbon nanotubes I have to say I had no idea there WAS a field called Computational Nanotechnology... Regardless, do your bachelours in electrical, materials of nanotech engineering or physics. You're a long way from grad so I wouldn't worry about specializing for a couple years

I have recently passed admission test of 2 best universities of my country. So, I am going to be in soon.

As far as specialization is concerned, I still want reviews from you, guys.

Like the other guys said if your still a undergrad it doesn't make much difference as long as your in a technical field. My suggestion would be to get your EE degree and while there pursue elective courses in nanotechnology and computer science. Then at the same time find a professor doing research similar to your interest and get involved as soon as possible. There you go get good grades and you will get into a grad school where you can study what you want.

What are the specializations you can choose? Something like Electromaterial engineering would be the most related, or generally something with a strong emphasis on physics and especially on condensed matter physics and also on computational methods used there.

well I do Computational Condensed Matter and I kinda do that stuff.

Electromaterial and computational sciences, I am coming.

Thank you guys. I will join university in September, GOD WILLING.

@ maverick starsrider

Where do you work? I mean in which company.

I want to do job in INTEL. Can they ask for me if I do good studies in the above mentioned field??

I like programming and chips n stuff like that. MOST OF ALL, I LIKE PHYSICS!

I don't work at a company I'm in grad school

What is Computational Nanotechnology?

Computational Nanotechnology is a field that combines principles from computer science, engineering, and physics to study and manipulate materials at the nanoscale. It involves using advanced computational methods and tools to design, model, and simulate the behavior of nanoscale structures and systems.

What is the importance of studying Computational Nanotechnology?

Studying Computational Nanotechnology has become increasingly important due to the growing demand for nanotechnology applications in various industries. It has the potential to revolutionize fields such as medicine, energy, electronics, and materials science. By understanding and controlling the behavior of materials at the nanoscale, we can create new materials and devices with enhanced properties and capabilities.

What are the prerequisites for pursuing a Masters in Computational Nanotechnology?

The prerequisites for pursuing a Masters in Computational Nanotechnology vary depending on the program and university. However, most programs require a strong background in mathematics, physics, and computer science. Some programs may also require coursework in chemistry and materials science.

What career opportunities are available for graduates with a Masters in Computational Nanotechnology?

Graduates with a Masters in Computational Nanotechnology can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including materials science, electronics, biotechnology, and healthcare. They can work as nanotechnology researchers, product developers, consultants, or educators. Additionally, they can also continue their education and pursue a PhD in the field.

What is the current state of research in Computational Nanotechnology?

The field of Computational Nanotechnology is constantly evolving, and there is a lot of ongoing research in various areas such as nanomaterials, nanoelectronics, and nanomedicine. Some current research topics include developing new computational tools and methods, studying the behavior of nanoscale systems, and designing new materials with specific properties for various applications.