1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need your immediate help

1. Jul 16, 2009 #1
    Need your immediate help!!!!

I need your immediate guidance on a real serious matter related to me:

Can I study COMPUTATIONAL NANOTECHNOLOGY after doing bachelors in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (Telecomm.)??

OR

Please suggest me a field in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING after which I can do masters in Computational Nanotechnology???

(Please DO NOT suggest any other field except Electrical engineering for bachelors. You are respectfully asked about SUB-FIELD in Electrical Engineering)

Tomorrow is the last day of my final verdict.

Answer me as soon as possible.

Peace!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2009 #2
    Re: Need your immediate help!!!!

Guys, please please please reply

4. Jul 16, 2009 #3

Generally, it doesn't really matter what you study as an undergraduate. If you have a degree in a technical field and graduate with good marks, you can study whatever you want in grad school.

5. Jul 16, 2009 #4

As a person who has done research on compuational model of carbon nanotubes I have to say I had no idea there WAS a field called Computational Nanotechnology... Regardless, do your bachelours in electrical, materials of nanotech engineering or physics. You're a long way from grad so I wouldn't worry about specializing for a couple years

6. Jul 17, 2009 #5

I have recently passed admission test of 2 best universities of my country. So, I am gonna be in soon.

As far as specialization is concerned, I still want reviews from you, guys.

7. Jul 17, 2009 #6

Like the other guys said if your still a undergrad it doesn't make much difference as long as your in a technical field. My suggestion would be to get your EE degree and while there pursue elective courses in nanotechnology and computer science. Then at the same time find a professor doing research similar to your interest and get involved as soon as possible. There you go get good grades and you will get into a grad school where you can study what you want.

8. Jul 17, 2009 #7

What are the specializations you can choose? Something like Electromaterial engineering would be the most related, or generally something with a strong emphasis on physics and especially on condensed matter physics and also on computational methods used there.

9. Jul 17, 2009 #8

well I do Computational Condensed Matter and I kinda do that stuff.

10. Jul 19, 2009 #9

Electromaterial and computational sciences, I am coming.

Thank you guys. I will join university in September, GOD WILLING.

@ maverick starsrider

Where do you work??? I mean in which company.

I want to do job in INTEL. Can they ask for me if I do good studies in the above mentioned field??

I like programming and chips n stuff like that. MOST OF ALL, I LIKE PHYSICS!

11. Jul 19, 2009 #10

I don't work at a company I'm in grad school

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook