1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Neural Cybernetics

1. Jun 14, 2013 #1
    Hello,

I'm going to be studying Computer Science and Physics at the University of Nebraska (Incoming Freshman). I wish to switch to computer engineering for sure, but I have had a great deal of interest in brain interfacing. When I'm reviewing research documents and such it's starting to seem like a medical field or bio/chem major would be more helpful. My skill set is in the range of Engineering, programming, mathematics, physics but I am not really into biology and chemistry, nor want to take it.

So my question is, will Computer engineering and Physics(because I just really enjoy it :p) be able to allow me to work on brain interfacing in a research field? I'd love to work on some projects but I keep have to run around the bio/chem area. But if I really want to continue down this path of Neural Cybernetics/brain interfacing is Computer engineering and physics a good idea?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2013 #2
    I actually know a local research group working on a similar topic. Their team consists of both CS and Bio/Neuro people. Usually you won't need to know intricate biological details, but learning some basic knowledge helps.

Edit: More info that you may be interested in. http://neurovision.cs.iupui.edu/index.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook