Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NeverWet contains nano-particles

1. Aug 27, 2013 #1
    Rust-Oleum NeverWet, Superhydrophobic Coating That Makes Everyday Materials Repel Liquid

A five minute video introducing a new water repellent product.

[I decided to post it here because of the virtually unlimited application possibilities, like waterproofing your i phone.]

I wonder how it performs under cold and heat conditions. Does clothing still breath when coated?? Keep snow blower chutes ice free? Keep food crud from sticking to microwave dishes. Is it 'slippery'?

No, I have no connection with the product.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2013 #2
  4. Aug 29, 2013 #3
    I read and hear a couple of people say that UV light is destructive to it, so something that's in the sun won't have a protective coating for long. I also read some people say that it flakes off of bendable materials like fabrics.

5. Aug 29, 2013 #4

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Lol never wet.

6. Aug 29, 2013 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

A simple search before posting would have told you that it cannot be used for that.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/neverwet/neverwet-kit/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook