New Bladeless Design for Wind Energy

In summary, Vortex claims that its turbines will cost around 40 percent less than energy made from wind turbines that are operating today. A large part of that cost reduction comes from maintenance — since the Vortex doesn't have moving parts or gears, it should last longer and it won't require periodic lubrication. The simpler design also means that manufacturing costs are about half that of a traditional wind turbine (those massive blades are expensive).
HyperTechno said:
Can someone please explain the mechanism of the wind electric generators that I've shown in my previous reply?
That would be a lot easier to do from a link than from just a photograph.
Anyway, the second and third photograph have already been discussed here (saphon and ewicon)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ok, I'll read that. Thanks.

The first one is a conventional turbine, just floating in the air. I don't remember which company made that illustration.

mfb said:
The first one is a conventional turbine, just floating in the air. I don't remember which company made that illustration.
:H I didn't notice the small blades inside it... thought it too is a bladeless one. And the second one which looks like some kind of a satellite antennae? o_O