What is the heaviest element yet known to man and what are its properties?

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Element
In summary, scientists have discovered the heaviest element yet known to man. It is called governmentium (Gv). It has 1 neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312. Since governmentium has no electrons or protons, it is inert. However, it can be detected because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. Governmentium has a normal 1/2 life of 2 to 6 years. When catalysed with money, governmentium becomes administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as governmentium. All of the money is consumed in the exchange and no other by-products are produced.
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
The NEWEST ELEMENT.

Scientists have discovered the heaviest element yet known to man. It is called governmentium (Gv).

It has 1 neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

Since governmentium has no electrons or protons, it is inert. However, it can be detected because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

Governmentium has a normal 1/2 life of 2 to 6 years.

It doesn't decay but undergoes a re-organisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

When catalysed with money, governmentium becomes administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as governmentium.

All of the money is consumed in the exchange and no other by-products are produced.

Likes PWiz, OmCheeto, Greg Bernhardt and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you been traveling at a significant fraction of c recently by any chance? :P

Likes Garlic
IIRC the neutrons, assistant neutrons, etc. in governmentium and administratium are bound together by the exchange of particles called morons.

Last edited:
Likes PWiz, Agave tequilana, phinds and 5 others
phinds said:

Unfortunately, in some countries (Russia) it is stable :( :( :(

Likes OmCheeto, Garlic and CalcNerd
Yawn.

Could you possibly have found an older joke?

Likes micromass
Vanadium 50 said:
Yawn.

Could you possibly have found an older joke?
Jezz, guy. Sorry. This was the first I heard of it.

Likes OmCheeto, Greg Bernhardt and Garlic
phinds said:

In the Greek Environment, Gv has different half lifetime..it's around 0.5-2.5 years.
I guess it's the lively sun that effects it.

Likes phinds
'Discovered' may be misleading, more just realized like gravity and not unlike gravity, a governmentium can not be defined or understood well and is one of the weaker forces, but we all still feel the effects everyday.

phinds said:
Jezz, guy. Sorry. This was the first I heard of it.
It's the first I've heard of it, also.
But it was posted here on Jan 15, 2010. (our bad!)
Though, there was no further discussion on the matter, or the anti-matter, for that matter.

I hypothesize, that governmentium may be the long sought after missing "dark matter".
It seems to centralize, into a type of invisible white elephant black hole, which consumes, an implied new virtual particle: Financium.
ps. I approve of this thread. :smile:

Likes Silicon Waffle
ChrisVer said:
In the Greek Environment, Gv has different half lifetime..it's around 0.5-2.5 years.
I guess it's the lively sun that effects it.
Yeah, sunny Italy has the same problem. Very erratic half-life. Anything from a few months (usually) to many years (when doped with Berlesconium)

kpresley said:
'Discovered' may be misleading, more just realized like gravity and not unlike gravity, a governmentium can not be defined or understood well and is one of the weaker forces, but we all still feel the effects everyday.

I think the words to discuss about are: 1. discovered 2. demonstrated...
I think discovery has to do with finding something out of the blue, without anything predicting it. For example the Discovery of America.
Demonstration is the finding of something that is predicted. So I think Higgs was demonstrated and not discovered ?

Realization is different? I don't thing Gv is supposed to be something like gravity or whatever...It's presented as a particle, exotic nucleus.

ChrisVer said:
Demonstration is the finding of something that is predicted. So I think Higgs was demonstrated and not discovered ?

I disagree, a demonstration is showing something you know to be true, like repeating an experiment to further the understanding of a concept among students. Even if the Higgs was expected, we did not know it was there until it was discovered.

Likes ChrisVer
ChrisVer said:
Realization is different? I don't thing Gv is supposed to be something like gravity or whatever...It's presented as a particle, exotic nucleus.
True it is, although my analogy was directed at our failure to control the ones that work for us in the US. I should have been more precise and detailed in my post for later dissection, but I hadn’t finished my allotted gallon of coffee yet (pre-noon allotment).

OmCheeto said:
It's the first I've heard of it, also.
But it was posted here on Jan 15, 2010. (our bad!)

Somehow I missed that previous thread, so this thread is the first time I became aware of governmentium. However, administratium has around a long time, as V50 noted. I first learned of it via a crappy-looking Xerox of a Xerox of a Xerox. (For our younger members who have never seen them, they were the pre-Internet version of the re-re-re-forwarded e-mail, which I guess has now been superseded by the re-re-retweet. :cool:)

1. What is a "new heavy element"?

A "new heavy element" is a chemical element that has been recently discovered and added to the periodic table. These elements typically have a high atomic number and are unstable, meaning they decay into other elements over time.

2. How are new heavy elements discovered?

New heavy elements are usually discovered through experiments using particle accelerators. Scientists bombard atoms of lighter elements with high energy particles, causing them to fuse and create new elements. These new elements are then identified and confirmed through careful analysis of their physical and chemical properties.

3. What is the significance of discovering a new heavy element?

Discovering a new heavy element expands our understanding of the universe and the building blocks of matter. These elements can also have practical applications, such as in nuclear energy and medicine. Additionally, the discovery of new elements helps to validate and expand upon existing scientific theories and models.

4. How are new heavy elements named?

New heavy elements are named through a collaborative process between the scientists who discovered it and the governing bodies of chemistry and physics. The element is usually named after a scientist, location, or mythological figure, and is given a unique symbol to represent it on the periodic table.

5. Are there any potential risks associated with new heavy elements?

As with any new discovery in science, there are always potential risks and unknown factors associated with new heavy elements. These elements are typically highly radioactive and unstable, which can pose health risks to those who come into contact with them. Therefore, proper precautions and regulations are put in place to ensure the safe handling and disposal of these elements.