What makes the Hyundai Genesis stand out from other luxury sedans?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car
In summary: The Dodge Challenger is a car that has been in the making for quite some time now. It is a car that is made for the driver that wants to have a car that can handle anything that comes their way. It is a car that is made for the driver that wants to have a car that can go fast. It is a car that is made for the driver that wants to have a car that can be stylish. It is a car that is made for the driver that wants to have a car that can be comfortable. It is a car that is made for the driver that wants to have a car that can be reliable. It is a car that is made for the driver that wants to have a car that can be affordable
gravenewworld
I'm sure you all saw the commercials last night. Apparently the new hyundai is supposed to be a BEAST.

Technical reports from Hyundai indicate they have exceeded BMW's 5-series in torsional rigidity by 14%. Hyundai will use an advanced 5-link rear suspension for enhanced ride and handling characteristics. The Genesis sedan will offer technologies and conveniences not seen on previous Hyundai models including: adaptive cruise control, adaptive headlamps, Bluetooth technology, navigation, and a system equivalent to BMW's 'iDrive'. Hyundai has reported the V8 will allow the Genesis sedan to accelerate from 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds.

The Tau V8 engine produces more power and torque than the engines found in Lexus GS450, BMW 750i, Audi A8 and Infiniti M45.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Genesis

This car sounds like it is going to give incredible performance for the price.

I'm curious.

Physics news on Phys.org
Behold the new born king (of rice racers!) LOL

In terms of price/performance, there's much more acceleration per dollar in motorcycles. (Even the expensive ones.)

NateTG said:
In terms of price/performance, there's much more acceleration per dollar in motorcycles. (Even the expensive ones.)

Yeah but cars have less chance of breaking your body and can be driven in poor weather.

600-genesis.jpg

m5_1.jpg

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. No bags of rice for me, thanks.

The new BMW headlights are pure sex. The car is damn nice. Hyundai is determined to rip-off every major autobody style from the competition possible. They have cars that look like honda accords, lexus, etc. None of it is original.

BTW, my friend has a brand new M35. Great car. Really really nice. Dont compare this crap-day to it. His is a V6 AWD with traction control. Black exterior/ black leather interior.

US$35,000 for a Hyundai, not in a million years.

Last edited:
I find it strange that the only real specification they pushed in the suprbowl ads was that it had 375hp... so what?! What's the interior look like? What sort of suspension does it incorporate? Does it have standard amenities similar to competing models, or are they extra? Warranty, service, etc?

More power to Hyundai, competition is great for the market. That being said, I find it very, very hard to believe that I (or anyone else) would choose the Hyundai over a BMW, Audi, Mercedes, or Lexus after test drives in the competing model from each manufacturer. In my opinion, this car will look more appealing to people that are admiring a top-fitted Camry or Accord, and find they can get the Hyundai luxury sedan for the same price.

Last edited:
Same price as a Subara Impressa Turbo, same horsepower but 2 fewer wheels to put the power down on the road.

Mech_Engineer said:
I find it strange that the only real specification they pushed in the suprbowl ads was that it had 375hp... so what?! What's the interior look like? What sort of suspension does it incorporate? Does it have standard amenities similar to competing models, or are they extra? Warranty, service, etc?

Lots of cars have decent interiors, warranties, etc. While important, none of those features really invoke an emotional response in anyone. 375 hp and RWD gets immediate attention from a significant segment of the population. A commercial's just supposed to generate interest, and that's probably the best way to go about it for this kind of car.

Stingray said:
Lots of cars have decent interiors, warranties, etc.

Not this one. Uggggg-lay.

Cyrus said:
Not this one. Uggggg-lay.

Yeah, the body looks like one of those Chinese knockoff cars. Knowing Hyundai, the ride and handling qualities will probably be terrible also. The interior is very nice, though.

Interior of that car looks like doo doo.

:rofl: I Just saw a video of it on you tube. They stole their front from Mercedes, the back from infinity, the interior winged badge from Bentley. Talk about unoriginal.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
Interior of that car looks like doo doo.

:rofl: I Just saw a video of it on you tube. They stole their front from Mercedes, the back from infinity, the interior winged badge from Bentley. Talk about unoriginal.

my prediction of what cars will look like in 10 years:

http://www.ausbcomp.com/~bbott/cars/fordfst.jpg

where are the bookies tonight?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from the Philly auto show. The new Dodge Challenger is also a BEAST OF A CAR.

http://www.dodge.com/shared/2008/challenger/gallery/images/ext/enlarged/ext_bg_21.jpg

http://www.dodge.com/shared/2008/challenger/gallery/images/int/enlarged/int_bg_01.jpg

http://www.dodge.com/shared/2008/challenger/gallery/images/ext/enlarged/ext_bg_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
gravenewworld said:
Just came back from the Philly auto show. The new Dodge Challenger is also a BEAST OF A CAR.
Our security forces at work have been driving around in those for about a week now.
Thanks for letting me know where they came from.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.

OmCheeto said:
Our security forces at work have been driving around in those for about a week now.
Thanks for letting me know where they came from.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Security officers driving around $40k+ cars?? Are they hiring by any chance? I'd kill to be able to get a chance to drive that machine all the time for free.

gravenewworld said:
Security officers driving around $40k+ cars?? Are they hiring by any chance? I'd kill to be able to get a chance to drive that machine all the time for free.

Don't they give them away (at cost...) to police and security forces so all the kids see how cool they look and want one and will pay all of their inheritance to have one?

If you have to get out of ours then you have to be willing to be spit on, puked on, and not threaten to :bugeye: kill the president of the company. (They took away all their guns for 10 years because of that little incident.)

DodgeChallengerIMG_0012.JPG

DodgeChallengerIMG_0014.JPG

DodgeChallengerIMG_0015.JPG

It appears they have changed the tail lights in the production model.

...thats the wrong car buddy.

OmCheeto said:
It appears they have changed the tail lights in the production model.

Dodge Charger

gravenewworld said:
Dodge Charger

I stand corrected.
They do look similar though, from a quarter mile away.
You can barely notice that one has four doors and the other has two. :redface:

OmCheeto said:
I stand corrected.
They do look similar though, from a quarter mile away.
You can barely notice that one has four doors and the other has two. :redface:

They look very different in person. I just got back from seeing the Challenger at the Chicago auto show. It looks great. The Charger just seems bloated to me.

The Hyundai was there too. It looks a little better than in photos, but still bland.

1. What is the horsepower of the new HYUNDAI 375 hp car?

The new HYUNDAI 375 hp car has a horsepower of 375.

2. What type of engine does the new HYUNDAI 375 hp car have?

The new HYUNDAI 375 hp car is equipped with a 3.3-liter turbocharged V6 engine.

3. What is the top speed of the new HYUNDAI 375 hp car?

The top speed of the new HYUNDAI 375 hp car is estimated to be around 155 mph.

4. How does the new HYUNDAI 375 hp car compare to other cars in its class?

The new HYUNDAI 375 hp car is on par with other high-performance cars in its class, offering impressive horsepower and speed.

5. What are some notable features of the new HYUNDAI 375 hp car?

The new HYUNDAI 375 hp car boasts a sleek and sporty design, advanced technology features, and a smooth and powerful driving experience.

Back