Why Do Half of Cyclists Consider Quitting Due to Knee Pain?

• Thread starter BFC
  • Start date
In summary, Bike Fitness Coaching is a program designed for new members who want to improve their fitness level through cycling. The program offers personalized coaching and training plans to help individuals reach their fitness goals. With a focus on proper form and technique, the program aims to enhance both physical and mental strength through cycling. Participants can expect to see improvements in endurance, strength, and overall fitness while being supported by experienced coaches and a community of fellow cyclists.
BFC
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi,
Rick here,
I'm a USA Cycling coaching and bike fitter. A lot of clients ask questions I can usually answer but looking to experts here to help with those I cant. I just published a paper in a medical journal with my daughter who is a Doctor Physical Therapy to document why 1/2 of my clients are ready to give up cycling due to knee pain. So I hope I can bring rider considerations to the mechanical discussions. Meaning, I have read a couple posts where someone tried to calculate pedal force for 1,500 w. BUT, the way power meters work is that they take each leg add together then send data to cycle computer. In this case, 1,500w means each leg is producing 750w, not 1,500w. I look forward to learning much in these forums!
Let me know what you think of the article.

<< Moderator Note -- link deleted as too spammy for a New Member Introduction >>

Likes russ_watters
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, coach. :smile:

Back