Welcome to the Science Community: Introducing a New Member from England!

• Thread starter topgear17
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of "Welcome to the Science Community: Introducing a New Member from England!" is to introduce a new member from England to the science community and welcome them. The new member's identity is not specified in the message. It is important to welcome new members into the science community to foster inclusivity and collaboration. You can connect with the new member through provided contact information or by attending networking events and meetings. To make the new member feel welcome, you can introduce yourself, offer to answer questions, and invite them to join relevant projects or discussions within the science community.
topgear17
New Member From England :)

Hi,

Just thought i would be polite and introduce myself,
Am from North West England, and currently studying mechanical engineering at Manchester Met. University.

I love working on my car (honda civic) and love building things, designing everything and anything.

Sorry if any of my future posts lack punctuation, or i mis-spell words or just in general it doesn't read well or make sense. As i suffer from dyslexia, ADD and a mild form of autism, so please bare with me, i try my best and read over my posts before i post them, but i still often make simple errors.

I've only just registered, and from what posts and topics I've managed to look though, it seems a very friendly and informative forum :)

Thanks for reading.
Tom.:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org

Welcome, Tom.

Welcome to the PF, Tom.

Your post is fine. Hope you enjoy the forums! :biggrin:

Welcome topgear17! :smile:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

Oh yes, do you accidently have a favorite fish?? (please say whale)

Welcome! Be sure to tell us your favorite fish! It is extremely important!

What's up dude.

topgear17 said:
i try my best and read over my posts before i post them, but i still often make simple errors.

Just don't refer to the US as "The Colonies", and you'll be fine. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Just don't refer to the US as "The Colonies", and you'll be fine. :biggrin:

Hrmm. My hometown is named "The Colony". :uhh:
I'm 100% serious.

Drakkith said:
Hrmm. My hometown is named "The Colony". :uhh:
I'm 100% serious.

Haha, The Colony, Texas. I never knew!

There had better not be two or my objection will be made moot on a technicality.

Welcome to PF, Tom. Always good to see another Brit around here (we'll soon take over the place, but don't let those in the Colonies know our plan... :wink:)

Be advised that the Americans here don't like u.

We might like you, but we don't like all those damn extra u's stuck in every other word. Like "flour", "pour", "four" - geez, you guys put u's everywhere!

cristo said:
Welcome to PF, Tom. Always good to see another Brit around here (we'll soon take over the place, but don't let those in the Colonies know our plan... :wink:)

Don't you mean "Coulounies" :tongue2:?

Welcome, Tom!

Noone's asked the most important question yet.

Red or blue?

Mannie Met, Mannie Met, Mannie Met!
Mannie Met, Mannie Met, Mannie Met,
MAN-NIE MET! (Mannie Met).

Not sung that for a while.

Don't worry about the rebels Tom, keep up with the secret plan of lulling them into a false sense of security by pretending that the Empire disbanded!

And welcome to Physics Forums :smile:

Wow thanks for the very warm reception :biggrin:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been to Old Trafford, for Paul Scholes Testimonal, watched them beat New York Cosmos 6-0 at Football (NOT SOCCER) :tongue:

And to answer, the very odd question
Welcome! Be sure to tell us your favorite fish! It is extremely important!
To Eat: Tuna or Cod.
In general: Salmon, as it strives endlessly to swim against the current, merely to mate and die.

Mannie Met, Mannie Met, Mannie Met,
MAN-NIE MET! (Mannie Met).
:rofl:

Oh.. so is there's a few people on here that know MMU.. did/do you study here?

topgear17 said:
To Eat: Tuna or Cod.
In general: Salmon, as it strives endlessly to swim against the current, merely to mate and die.

*slaps topgear17 with a Tuna-Cod-Salmon hybrid*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

topgear17 said:
Hi,

Just thought i would be polite and introduce myself,
Am from North West England, and currently studying mechanical engineering at Manchester Met. University.

I love working on my car (honda civic) and love building things, designing everything and anything.

Sorry if any of my future posts lack punctuation, or i mis-spell words or just in general it doesn't read well or make sense. As i suffer from dyslexia, ADD and a mild form of autism, so please bare with me, i try my best and read over my posts before i post them, but i still often make simple errors.

I've only just registered, and from what posts and topics I've managed to look though, it seems a very friendly and informative forum :)

Thanks for reading.
Tom.:biggrin:

Welcome Tom.
I too am new here and agree this is an extremely informative and amenable place to visit. I am retired, no serious (completed college or university degrees) schooling but have always meant to dig into math and physics in greater depth when I retired. Although the title is Physics Forums as I explore this array of subjects covered, it is clear that this is becoming (or always was) a 'home' or 'safe place' for ideas, in general, to be explored in a sane rational way -i.e. no diatribe. I believe you, as I, will continue to feel comfortable here.

mathal

*Slaps topgear17 with Salmon*
^^PF tradition, we initiate our new members with their favorite fish :P

Welcome to PF! Enjoy your stay here and have a fun learning adventure! :)

topgear17 said:
Oh.. so is there's a few people on here that know MMU.. did/do you study here?

Pah. Absolutely not. UMIST 'til I die, UMIST 'til I die.

Well someone has to attend MMU i guess :P

Do you still study there? What are there facilities like?
Is there many more on here who are local to manchester ?

1. What is the purpose of "Welcome to the Science Community: Introducing a New Member from England!"?

The purpose of this message is to introduce a new member from England to the science community and to welcome them into the community.

2. Who is the new member being introduced?

The new member being introduced is from England, but their specific identity is not provided in this message.

3. Why is it important to welcome new members into the science community?

Welcoming new members into the science community helps to foster a sense of inclusivity and collaboration, which can lead to new ideas and advancements in the field of science.

4. How can I connect with the new member from England?

You can connect with the new member by reaching out to them directly through the provided contact information or by attending any networking events or meetings within the science community.

5. Are there any specific ways to make the new member feel welcome?

Some ways to make the new member feel welcome include introducing yourself, offering to answer any questions they may have, and inviting them to join any relevant projects or discussions within the science community.