Introducing Tom91: From Trade School to Nuclear Engineering

• Thread starter Tom91
  • Start date
In summary, Tom91's journey from trade school to nuclear engineering showcases the potential for individuals to excel in unexpected fields. Despite starting out in a technical trade, Tom91's passion and determination led him to pursue a degree in nuclear engineering, defying societal expectations and stereotypes. His story serves as a reminder that hard work and determination can lead to success, regardless of one's background or initial career path.
Tom91
Hello, everyone!

I was prompted here to introduce myself to the forums so I'll try and make it short, sweet and to the point.

My name is Tom, I'm 25 years old and just starting to wade into the waters of what is, hopefully, a very bright future.
After not doing so well in school and completing a trade I no longer have any interest in, I am undergoing courses online as a bridge into university.
After getting a Distinction in the Introductory Mathematics course, I am halfway through my Senior Mathematics course with a mean grade of 91% after 2 progress tests. After another ~6 months, I'll be finished and undergo my Physics and Chemistry course.
I have a very high interest in becoming a Nuclear Engineer or really anything to do with making Nuclear Fusion our primary source of energy.

I'm an avid fan of F1 and could talk all day about it.

It's a pleasure to be apart of this forum.
Thank you for your time,
Tom

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Tom91. :welcome: