Please send me some scientific references which have actual numbers based on which assumptions to support your claim (and I will reopen this thread). As already pointed out, the relative ratio between equatorial coasts compared to coasts at higher altitudes is the important data here.
Articles in popular science magazines are no sufficient base for a scientific dialogue.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving