New Terror Tactic, Breast Implants

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
In summary: I guess the "operative" wouldn't be allowed to go jogging any time between recovering from the surgery and getting on a flight? :uhh: They wouldn't be that easy to insert without detonating them with that sort of explosive in them.
rhody
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

just another reason for 'breast men' to say...

DYNO--MITE!

Now that would make an interesting sequel to Harlan Ellison's Run for the Stars.

Not a bad way to die.

How do you call them? Boombies? Bombies?

What will the male version be?:eek:

Borek said:
How do you call them? Boombies? Bombies?

They call them C4

That depends on the plane size.

hmmm...

and an alternative...

let's see...

and male implants?

Um...filling an implant with explosive isn't going to help much if there isn't any detonator. Breast implants don't generally have wires or fuses sticking out of them or embedded within them. It might be a way to smuggle stuff, but not likely a good way to bomb a flight.

Brings new meaning to the phrase "blonde bombshell" though, doesn't it?

Moonbear said:
Um...filling an implant with explosive isn't going to help much if there isn't any detonator.
At the risk of a ban, I'm thinking of a shock sensitive explosive and a pair of 'operatives' and some vigorous activity ...

goes for cold shower and lie down ...

mgb_phys said:
At the risk of a ban, I'm thinking of a shock sensitive explosive and a pair of 'operatives' and some vigorous activity ...

goes for cold shower and lie down ...

I guess the "operative" wouldn't be allowed to go jogging any time between recovering from the surgery and getting on a flight? :uhh: They wouldn't be that easy to insert without detonating them with that sort of explosive in them.

Really, why go to the trouble of breast implants when people are still able to get onto flights with explosives in their undies? I think I'd worry about those water bras and miracle bras before worrying about implants.

Dembadon said:
What will the male version be?:eek:

The article says that they supposedly insert them into the buttocks.

Moonie said:
Um...filling an implant with explosive isn't going to help much if there isn't any detonator. Breast implants don't generally have wires or fuses sticking out of them or embedded within them. It might be a way to smuggle stuff, but not likely a good way to bomb a flight.
It only says that MI5 picked up "chatter" out of Pakistan and Yemen about this after the failed christmas bombing. I wonder if maybe they were just joking around about ways they could possibly sneak a bomb on a plane. I mean terrorists are human too, they must make silly terrorist jokes or something right?

Seriously though, would it be hard to put a small close range radio detonator inside one?

Why would you blow a plane up which contains about 500 people, and pass the check for that, when you can also blow up an airport hall before boarding and before being checked?

This is what I always wondered.

And why not just stand in the middle of a square, voilla.

Why go to all that trouble to blow planes up? What's so special about planes, that they crash? Blow a building up, they fall down.

Kajahtava said:
Why would you blow a plane up which contains about 500 people, and pass the check for that, when you can also blow up an airport hall before boarding and before being checked?

Why go to all that trouble to blow planes up? What's so special about planes, that they crash? Blow a building up, they fall down.

Well, to get an explosive into the U.S., you'd need to take a plane or live in one of the Americas. So why go through customs twice and risk yourself twice, when you can just blow up the plane you're on?

Of course, this doesn't explain the people who take planes already in the U.S. and blow them up...

Psychological effect.

Char. Limit said:
Well, to get an explosive into the U.S., you'd need to take a plane or live in one of the Americas. So why go through customs twice and risk yourself twice, when you can just blow up the plane you're on?
Yeah, but people tend to board this in London, why not blow up Piccalilli? Lot's of kuffār there you know.

Of course, by the most literal Qur'ānic interpretation protestants are not kuffār, but what-ever, religion is, thankfully, seldom interpreted as should. I'd hate to have a climate where you can sell children into slavery.

Of course, this doesn't explain the people who take planes already in the U.S. and blow them up...
Exactly,

planes simply seem to carry some prestige.

Borek said:
Psychological effect.

exactly. a bomb in an airport doesn't "seem" that bad to most people, even if they fly. the thought of a bomb on the plane they are on, however, is terrifying as there is no where to run.

also, it's just more practical. one small bomb on a plane can blow a hole in the plane, which would kill everyone on board. one small bomb in an open area will only kill those very nearby and possibly anyone who gets hit with debris.

Kajahtava said:
Yeah, but people tend to board this in London, why not blow up Piccalilli?.
If you blew up all of the Piccalilli you could devastate Britain (or at least the Northern half)
Unless you only blew up that nasty mass produced southern supermarket version from Heinz.

Mess with real Cunningham's piccalilli and you would have a fight on your hands

Kajahtava said:

Why do you assume that blowing up a bomb in a square will kill more people than blowing up one on a plane. It's FAR from true. You can have a massive throng of thousands of people surrounding you and you'll be lucky to kill people in the 10s let alone 100s. Car bombs, suicide bombers, or remote detonated bombs in villas or markets do not actually kill that many people. They do create a fear of being in public though, which makes them still quite effective.

To kill the most amount of people with least cost though your going to want to hit a plane... a small explosive device on a plane will cause immediate deaths and the plane most likely to crash killing the rest, maybe even getting some collateral damage on the ground.

Bomb a building it probably won't 'fall down', why do you believe THIS as well... Did you see the amount of energy and force it took to bring down the World Trade centres? Even the Oaklahoma bombing didn't bring the building down. It did kill 168 people but it was a HUGE undertaking and more than likely will never happen on US soil or other 'developed' nations again.

zomgwtf said:
Why do you assume that blowing up a bomb in a square will kill more people than blowing up one on a plane. It's FAR from true. You can have a massive throng of thousands of people surrounding you and you'll be lucky to kill people in the 10s let alone 100s. Car bombs, suicide bombers, or remote detonated bombs in villas or markets do not actually kill that many people. They do create a fear of being in public though, which makes them still quite effective.

To kill the most amount of people with least cost though your going to want to hit a plane... a small explosive device on a plane will cause immediate deaths and the plane most likely to crash killing the rest, maybe even getting some collateral damage on the ground.

Bomb a building it probably won't 'fall down', why do you believe THIS as well... Did you see the amount of energy and force it took to bring down the World Trade centres? Even the Oaklahoma bombing didn't bring the building down. It did kill 168 people but it was a HUGE undertaking and more than likely will never happen on US soil or other 'developed' nations again.
Ah, okay, didn't know that.

I'm not really that knowledgeable about how powerful the average explosive is I guess, been some time since I last blew myself up in a terrorist attack.

Kajahtava said:
Ah, okay, didn't know that.

I'm not really that knowledgeable about how powerful the average explosive is I guess, been some time since I last blew myself up in a terrorist attack.

Well all you have to do is watch the news and be aware of what's happening in the world around you.

I find the news a dubious medium to be honest, their bread seems to be exaggerating, dramatizing, and abstaining from fact checking.

Moonbear said:

Brings new meaning to the phrase "blonde bombshell" though, doesn't it?

As long as she doesn't fake a heart attack. I wouldn't want to be operating the defibrillator in that case. :biggrin:

1. What is the "New Terror Tactic, Breast Implants"?

The "New Terror Tactic, Breast Implants" is a hypothetical method of smuggling explosives or other dangerous materials within breast implants.

2. How would this tactic be carried out?

The exact method of carrying out this tactic is currently unknown. It is believed that terrorists may attempt to surgically insert explosive devices or other harmful substances into breast implants, which could then be detonated at a later time.

3. Is this tactic a real threat?

At this time, there is no evidence to suggest that this tactic has been used or is currently being planned by terrorists. However, it is important for security officials to remain vigilant and continue to monitor potential threats.

4. What security measures are being taken to prevent this tactic?

Security measures are constantly evolving to address new threats. Some airports and other high-security locations may use advanced scanning technology to detect potential threats, and security personnel may also conduct physical searches when necessary.

5. Are breast implants being banned or restricted due to this tactic?

At this time, there are no widespread bans or restrictions on breast implants due to this tactic. However, some security officials may request that individuals with breast implants undergo additional screening or provide documentation to ensure the safety of all passengers.

Back