New to electrical engineering and this forum

In summary, the conversation is about a person struggling with their first electrical engineering class, circuit analysis, and looking for resources online to help with understanding the material. They mention using YouTube and downloading lectures from the Indian Institute of Technology and MIT. One person recommends trying the website academicearth.org for tutorials and lectures on circuits and electronics.
mstrwaheed
hey guys, I am taking my first electrical engineering class which is circuit analysis. I am having a hard time with it so i was wondering if anybody knew of a website that has tutorials, videos, problems, etc that somewhat follows the course. the material is tough and it seems like theirs not enough class time for everything to be explained appropriately. thanks for any help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You try Youtube? I down load the whole series of lectures of Electromagnetics given by India Institute of Technology ( as good as MIT). All 36 or 37 lecture and gone through a lot of them.

They have stuffs from MIT, I got some lectures on multi variables from MIT off Youtube also. Try that first.

http://academicearth.org/courses/circuits-and-electronics"

from

http://academicearth.org/"

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to New to electrical engineering and this forum

1. What is the best way to get started in electrical engineering?

The best way to get started in electrical engineering is to begin with the basics. This includes learning about Ohm's Law, circuit analysis, and basic electronic components. It's also helpful to start with hands-on projects and familiarize yourself with common tools and equipment used in the field.

2. What are some recommended resources for learning more about electrical engineering?

There are many resources available for learning about electrical engineering, including textbooks, online courses, and educational websites. Some popular resources include Khan Academy, Coursera, and MIT OpenCourseWare. It's also helpful to join online forums and communities to connect with other engineers and ask for recommendations.

3. How can I become more involved in the electrical engineering community?

One way to become more involved in the electrical engineering community is to attend conferences, workshops, and seminars. These events offer opportunities to network with other professionals and learn about the latest advancements in the field. You can also join professional organizations or participate in online forums and groups.

4. What do I need to know about safety in electrical engineering?

Safety is an important aspect of electrical engineering. It's crucial to understand and follow safety protocols when working with electricity and electronic components. This includes wearing appropriate protective gear, properly grounding equipment, and understanding potential hazards. It's also important to regularly check and maintain equipment to prevent accidents.

5. How can I stay updated on new developments and technologies in electrical engineering?

To stay updated on new developments and technologies in electrical engineering, it's important to regularly read industry publications and attend conferences and seminars. You can also follow industry leaders and organizations on social media for updates and join online communities to discuss and learn about the latest advancements. Additionally, continuing education and professional development courses can help you stay current in the field.