Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New to physics need a lil help

1. Sep 28, 2003 #1
    Hey , i'm really new to physics , in the sence i've never taken it before but now that i'm in university i have too, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good learning site so i can catch up and grasp all these concepts that dont seem to add up math sytles but for some odd reason make sence in the physics world, like adding vectors , that just doesn't make sence to me.

thanks for any help you can give...

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2003 #2

FZ+

Wel... PF is a good learning site. :wink: Welcome.

Do you have any specific queries? Any areas of particular vagueness?

4. Sep 28, 2003 #3
    Don't you have to take Physics in highschool before you can take University level physics? I'd think it would be quite hard to make such a big jump without having knowledge or atleast sufficient knowledge of the basics which you learn in highschool.

5. Sep 28, 2003 #4

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

No, unfortunately there are many places where physics is not required in secondary school. There are even places where physics is not even OFFERED but don't get me started on this.

I would think that, in the United Kingdom, English would be required for entrance into the university and "LostPuppy" seems a bit weak on that too!

6. Sep 28, 2003 #5
    Yeah, LostPuppy, that's one hell of a long sentence you got there. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2003
  7. Sep 29, 2003 #6
  8. Sep 29, 2003 #7
    thanks for the help guys....

and no i didn't need physics in highschool , but i have to take it in university. my major is biology and biotechnology.

as for grammer, its the internet, who uses proper grammer?

lol sorry thats what years of ICQ , MSN , and bloging will do to you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?