Newton to Joule Equation: How to Calculate Work and Distance

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter chewtoy929
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Class
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
chewtoy929
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I need the equation for Newtons to Joules. as an example the question is you must exert a force of 4.5 N on a book to slide it across the table, if you do 2.7 J of work in the process, how far have you moved the book.

I am not looking for an answer just an equation to show how to do this, thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Newton is a unit of force. Joule is a unit of energy or work done. Power is work done per unit time, in units of Watts.

Work = Force * distance
 
thanks dude I owe you one, if there is anything you need, just pm me.