Who Will Secure the Final Spots in the NHL Eastern Playoff Race?

• Thread starter neurocomp2003
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Race
In summary: Oh, and Sundin can never dominate. He's a baby. He skips out on the 1st round of playoffs everytime the Leafs make the playoffs and so on. Again, that also shows how much of a leader he isn't!Tucker should take the C away from him if that's the case. Just don't give it to Tucker...Yes, Sundin should not be captain though. He's not a leader whatsoever. Tucker himself said so. He said that Sundin rarely, if ever, speaks up to the team during intermissions and such. That's freaking sad for a captain.In summary, the playoff race is still wide open. However, it looks like the New
neurocomp2003
So is anyone watching the playoff race?

7 teams divided by 4 points fighting for 4 spots with 5-6 games left (1 spot guaranteed to ATL/TB/CAR)

ATL 88, NYR 87, TB 86, MTL 86, CAR 84, TOR 84, NYI 84.

HEH i hope it turns out to be ATL MTL, TOR and TB
but it looks like it NYR will oust TB/TOR.

Physics news on Phys.org
Baseball starts in 4 days...

russ_watters said:
Baseball starts in 4 days...
HEATHEN!

I'm following. Personally, I always pull for an original 6 team. I would like to see either Toronto or the Rangers make it. I wish we played more Eastern conference teams during the season.

FredGarvin said:
HEATHEN!

I'm following. Personally, I always pull for an original 6 team. I would like to see either Toronto or the Rangers make it. I wish we played more Eastern conference teams during the season.

What about Montreal.

FredGarvin said:
HEATHEN!

I'm following.
I'm from Philly - our season ended last April. :grumpy:

russ_watters said:
I'm from Philly - our season ended last April. :grumpy:

Man! Terrible season for them. By the end of the season they'll be 20 points behind the second last place team. :eek:

I'm cheering for the Penguins. Let's see Crosby raise that cup!

Go Red Wings!

though i'll be rooting for an all Canadian final(VAN vs MTL/TOR)

if none of them are in the final..go SABRES/PENS/NASHVILLE.
its about time the sabres redeemed themselves from teh MOGILNY/LAFONTAINE and PECA/HASEK era's. Or i hope Gary Roberts gets another ring.

Gary Roberts has turned into a complete bast...He needs to retire.

The mere thought of a team like Nashville or Columbus even being in the playoffs is frightening if not just plain wrong.

Sorry Russ. I forgot you were hockey handicapped.

FredGarvin said:
The mere thought of a team like Nashville or Columbus even being in the playoffs is frightening if not just plain wrong.

Are you serious?

They're playing great. They're playing hockey.

Teams like Toronto, Philadelphia, Chicago, and so on plain old suck at hockey. Toronto might make the playoffs, but they certainly don't deserve it. The freaking 1 point losses got them where they are. I hope they get rid of it next years.

Anyways, I'm a Leafs, but I've been waiting for years for Toronto to revamp their team. Instead, they cling on to false hopes. Freaking retarded. I've been to a hockey game (live) and met a bunch of pure Leaf fans and almost all agreed to get rid of Mats Sundin among other players the coaching staff think are good. Sundin is no leader get rid of him. Get rid of Ferguson who can't make deals worth ****. Man, I even met some Leaf fans who also don't want the Leafs to make the playoffs mainly because that will increase the chance to get rid of Sundin!

sundin may not be a leader but he's atleast a #2 man.

The Leafs just have a sucky home stats...why can't they win at home.

neurocomp2003 said:
sundin may not be a leader but he's atleast a #2 man.

The Leafs just have a sucky home stats...why can't they win at home.

He will barely be a #2 man by the next year. He's quickly washing away.

I agree that most teams' problems start with horrible GMs. Sundin seems to me to be another one of those players that has wicked skills and could dominate if he wanted to. He's like Forsberg was at Philly (when he wasn't injured). Personally I think it's a silent protest on their parts to show they don't like playing for a crappy GM or coaching staff.

Nashville and hockey just do not go together. They are playing well, but it's like sleeping with your sister...it's just wrong.

FredGarvin said:
I agree that most teams' problems start with horrible GMs. Sundin seems to me to be another one of those players that has wicked skills and could dominate if he wanted to. He's like Forsberg was at Philly (when he wasn't injured). Personally I think it's a silent protest on their parts to show they don't like playing for a crappy GM or coaching staff.

Nashville and hockey just do not go together. They are playing well, but it's like sleeping with your sister...it's just wrong.

Yes, Sundin should not be captain though. He's not a leader whatsoever. Tucker himself said so. He said that Sundin rarely, if ever, speaks up to the team during intermissions and such. That's freaking sad for a captain.

Oh, and Sundin can never dominate. He's a baby. He skips out on the 1st round of playoffs everytime the Leafs make the playoffs and so on. Again, that also shows how much of a leader he isn't!

I have never heard that about his captain abilities. That's not something to get on him about. I would agree to take the C away from him if that's the case. Just don't give it to Tucker :yuck:

FredGarvin said:
I have never heard that about his captain abilities. That's not something to get on him about. I would agree to take the C away from him if that's the case. Just don't give it to Tucker :yuck:

It was on an interview about 4 weeks ago now. When Toronto came back in the third against Ottawa and won.

The interviewer heard about Sundin talking during the 2nd intermission, and asked Tucker "How often does Sundin stand up and lead the team like he did in the locker room?", Tuckey said "Almost never. He's the kind of leader where we are suppose to feel his leadership present." What the **** is that? That's no leader. I'm supposed to feel it. That's messed up.

I have skated with guys that were like that. However they were never captains. Those are the kind of guys that, just because they are on the ice with you, you find yourself playing better. If he is like that he shouldn't be in that position. Then again, if he doesn't "feel" like playing his best he should be out on his butt just like any other pro prima donna.

1. Who is currently in the final playoff spots in the NHL Eastern Conference?

As of March 2021, the four teams currently holding the final playoff spots in the NHL Eastern Conference are the Washington Capitals, New York Islanders, Boston Bruins, and Pittsburgh Penguins.

2. What teams are competing for the final playoff spots in the NHL Eastern Conference?

The teams currently competing for the final playoff spots in the NHL Eastern Conference, in addition to the four mentioned above, are the Philadelphia Flyers, New York Rangers, and New Jersey Devils.

3. What is the current point standing for teams in the NHL Eastern Conference?

As of March 2021, the top four teams in the NHL Eastern Conference are the Washington Capitals (54 points), New York Islanders (52 points), Boston Bruins (50 points), and Pittsburgh Penguins (46 points).

4. How many games are left in the NHL Eastern Conference regular season?

As of March 2021, there are approximately 30 games left in the NHL Eastern Conference regular season for each team.

5. What is the tie-breaking procedure for teams with the same number of points in the NHL Eastern Conference standings?

The first tie-breaking procedure for teams with the same number of points in the NHL Eastern Conference standings is the total number of wins. If teams still remain tied, the second tie-breaker is the total number of points earned in head-to-head games between the tied teams. If teams are still tied, the third tie-breaker is the goal difference in head-to-head games between the tied teams. If teams are still tied, the fourth tie-breaker is the total goal difference for the entire regular season. If teams are still tied, the fifth tie-breaker is the total number of goals scored in the entire regular season.

Back