Non-locality and The First Law of Thermodynamics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Dennis Plews
Messages
37
Reaction score
4
I'm sure I read somewhere in my physics books that non-locality is required in order to maintain the integrity of the 1st Law of Thermodynamics. Is that correct? If so, that seems to require one or more additional spatial dimensions via which the total amount of energy is maintained. What information is available on that issue?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Dennis Plews said:
I'm sure I read somewhere in my physics books that non-locality is required in order to maintain the integrity of the 1st Law of Thermodynamics. Is that correct?

It would be helpful to know exactly what source you are referring to. But the short answer is: No, it's not correct.
 
I think it was a general audience book by either Feynman, Weinberg or Gell-Mann.
 
What is the role of the 1st Law of Thermodynamics in non-locality interactions then? Thanks