Can a Non-Physicist Have a Lifelong Interest in Physics?

• Thread starter Iain53
  • Start date
Iain53
I am retired (disability) and simply enthralled with physics despite having an appalling lack of maths.
I have worked extensively with severely disturbed children, as a sessional lecturer in Child and Youth Care, and as a manager of technology personnel for a major financial institution. There are surprising overlaps across those fields!

So hopefully you won't mind me peering over your virtual shoulders and listening in on those discussions I can follow.

Attachments

• marty-feldman.jpg
    marty-feldman.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 262
Likes Gibbbs
Physics news on Phys.org
Iain53 said:
I am retired (disability) and simply enthralled with physics despite having an appalling lack of maths.
I have worked extensively with severely disturbed children, as a sessional lecturer in Child and Youth Care, and as a manager of technology personnel for a major financial institution. There are surprising overlaps across those fields!

So hopefully you won't mind me peering over your virtual shoulders and listening in on those discussions I can follow.
Welcome. I had to chuckle at your saying there is overlap between working with disturbed children and managing IT folks. I've noticed the very same thing a number of times :smile:

You need to make Marty your avatar.