• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Norton Equivalent and Source Transformation problem

• Thread starter tjenk48
  • Start date

Homework Statement

Basically, I'm having trouble doing the source transformation and subsequently finding the norton equivalent for this circuit and I don't really know where to start.
The circuit is attached where:
i=3A
V=90V

Please help!

Attachments

Answers and Replies

ehild
Homework Helper
Hi tjenk, welcome to PF.

You got a template when you started your thread. Fill in, please! Read https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=4021232&postcount=4]:
Why did nobody answer my post?

It happens quite a lot on this forum. Somebody posted a question and doesn't get answers. Or he does get answers, but not the ones he anticipated. This is very unfortunate. This is why we have compiled a list of items to watch for improving your posts.

Did you provide an attempt at solving the problem?
This is perhaps the most common mistake that new members make. When posting homework, if you do not make any attempt yourself, then other people are not allowed to help at all!! This holds particularly true in the homework forums!
Of course, many people do not know where to begin, so how could they make an attempt. Well, an attempt could consist out of many things: check the theory in the textbook to see if there is something relevant, check previous problems to see if there is something you can use, draw a picture, try to find an intuitive answer by visualizing the problem,...
So, what do you know about a Norton-equivalent of a circuit?

ehild

Last edited: