1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Not getting how to simplify it

1. Mar 8, 2016 #1
    hi..how can i simplify this..i tried on mathematica but i am getting nothing but the same expression

\noindent\(\pmb{-e^{-x} \left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{-1+\beta } \left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{-1+\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $2}}

\left(-1+\left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{\text{$\alpha $3}}\right) (\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $2}) \beta +}\\

\pmb{\frac{\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta } \left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{-1+\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $3}} \left(\text{$\alpha

$1}+\text{$\alpha $3}-\left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{\text{$\alpha $2}} \text{$\alpha $3}\right) \beta }{-1+e^x}}\)

(mentor note: tried to fix this but it didn't look right)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2016 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

What you wrote is unreadable.

4. Mar 8, 2016 #3
    [-e^{-x} (1 - e^-x)^{(-1 + β)} (1 - (1 - e^-x)^\β)^{(-1 + α1 + α2)}(-1 + (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^
    {α3}) (α1 + α2) β ]+[ ((1 - e^-x)^β (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^{(-1 + α1 + α3)} (α1 + α3 - (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^{α2 }α3) β)]/ (-1 + e^x)

5. Mar 8, 2016 #4

Mark44

You don't show how this expression arose, so it's possible that you made an error somewhere along the way. If that's the case, it's futile to try to simplify something that starts off incorrect.

6. Mar 8, 2016 #5

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Proofread it. Use [itex] to make it readable. e^-x should be e^{-x}. ^\β is incorrect.

7. Mar 9, 2016 #6
  8. Mar 9, 2016 #7

Mark44

This is onlyl a slight improvement over what you've already written. Also, the link you added is to this very same thread.
    As I already said,
    You need to show us where the expression above came from. Otherwise I'm going to close this thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted