Not getting how to simplify it

• A
  • Thread starter Amineen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simplify
In summary, the person is asking for help simplifying an expression they tried to solve using Mathematica, but are getting the same expression and don't know how to make it simpler. They are also unsure if the expression is correct to begin with.
Amineen
hi..how can i simplify this..i tried on mathematica but i am getting nothing but the same expression\noindent\(\pmb{-e^{-x} \left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{-1+\beta } \left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{-1+\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $2}}

\left(-1+\left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{\text{$\alpha $3}}\right) (\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $2}) \beta +}\\

\pmb{\frac{\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta } \left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{-1+\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $3}} \left(\text{$\alpha

$1}+\text{$\alpha $3}-\left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{\text{$\alpha $2}} \text{$\alpha $3}\right) \beta }{-1+e^x}}\)

(mentor note: tried to fix this but it didn't look right)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Amineen said:
hi..how can i simplify this..i tried on mathematica but i am getting nothing but the same expression

\noindent\(\pmb{-e^{-x} \left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{-1+\beta } \left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{-1+\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $2}}

\left(-1+\left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{\text{$\alpha $3}}\right) (\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $2}) \beta +}\\

\pmb{\frac{\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta } \left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{-1+\text{$\alpha $1}+\text{$\alpha $3}} \left(\text{$\alpha

$1}+\text{$\alpha $3}-\left(1-\left(1-e^{-x}\right)^{\beta }\right)^{\text{$\alpha $2}} \text{$\alpha $3}\right) \beta }{-1+e^x}}\)
What you wrote is unreadable.

[-e^{-x} (1 - e^-x)^{(-1 + β)} (1 - (1 - e^-x)^\β)^{(-1 + α1 + α2)}(-1 + (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^
{α3}) (α1 + α2) β ]+[ ((1 - e^-x)^β (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^{(-1 + α1 + α3)} (α1 + α3 - (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^{α2 }α3) β)]/ (-1 + e^x)

You don't show how this expression arose, so it's possible that you made an error somewhere along the way. If that's the case, it's futile to try to simplify something that starts off incorrect.

Amineen said:
[-e^{-x} (1 - e^-x)^{(-1 + β)} (1 - (1 - e^-x)^\β)^{(-1 + α1 + α2)}(-1 + (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^
{α3}) (α1 + α2) β ]+[ ((1 - e^-x)^β (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^{(-1 + α1 + α3)} (α1 + α3 - (1 - (1 - e^-x)^β)^{α2 }α3) β)]/ (-1 + e^x)
Proofread it. Use [itex] to make it readable. e^-x should be e^{-x}. ^\β is incorrect.

Amineen said:
{-e^{-x} (1 - e^-x)^{(-1 + β)} (1 - (1 - e^{-x})^{β})^{(-1 + α1 + α2)}(-1 + (1 - (1 - e^{-x})^{β})^ {α3}) (α1 + α2) }+{(1 - e^{-x})^{β} (1 - (1 - e^{-x})^{β})^{(-1 + α1 + α3)} (α1 + α3 - (1 - (1 - e^-{x})^{β})^{α2 }α3) β)}/ (-1 + e^{x})
Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/not-getting-how-to-simplify-it.861153/
This is onlyl a slight improvement over what you've already written. Also, the link you added is to this very same thread.
As I already said,
Mark44 said:
You don't show how this expression arose, so it's possible that you made an error somewhere along the way. If that's the case, it's futile to try to simplify something that starts off incorrect.

You need to show us where the expression above came from. Otherwise I'm going to close this thread.

1. Why is it important to simplify scientific concepts?

It is important to simplify scientific concepts in order to make them accessible to a wider audience. Simplifying complex ideas allows non-experts to understand and engage with the material, and helps to bridge the gap between scientists and the general public.

2. How can I simplify a complex scientific concept?

One way to simplify a complex scientific concept is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Use analogies or real-life examples to make the concept more relatable. Also, avoid using technical jargon and use simple language to explain the idea.

3. What are some common mistakes people make when trying to simplify scientific concepts?

One common mistake is oversimplifying the concept to the point where it becomes inaccurate or misleading. Another mistake is assuming that the audience has a certain level of understanding or knowledge, and not providing enough background information to fully grasp the concept.

4. How can simplifying scientific concepts benefit my research or career?

Simplifying scientific concepts can benefit your research or career in several ways. It can help you communicate your ideas more effectively to a wider audience, which can lead to increased visibility and recognition for your work. It can also help you to think critically about your own research and identify areas that may need further clarification or explanation.

5. Is it possible to oversimplify a scientific concept?

Yes, it is possible to oversimplify a scientific concept. While simplification is important, it should not come at the cost of accuracy and completeness. It is important to strike a balance between making the concept accessible and maintaining its integrity. This is why it is important to review and revise your simplified explanations and seek feedback from others in the field.