Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear fusion

1. Mar 5, 2006 #1
    I need to know the applications of nuclear fusion, Is there anybody who could help?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2006 #2
    Power generation and large bombs. Google will return LOADS of websites with general information. Is there anything specific you want to know?

4. Mar 5, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Re: Power Generation - we're not there yet! Well not in terms of producing an amount of energy in excess of the energy put into initiating the fusion reaction.

D+T fusion is used to produce neutrons.

And there are unfortunately thermonuclear weapons.

5. Mar 5, 2006 #4
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  6. Mar 7, 2006 #5
    Nuclear fusion might be able to supply us power in the future, take a look at http://www.iter.org/

7. Mar 8, 2006 #6
    Thank u all for ur asistance, well as gluonz said that i better have a look over wikipedia, i must say that no doubt the subjective site is out standing but I couldn't find my required stuff out there even after searching quiet long.
    But i hope liela's reference could help.
    Thx indeed again.
    FEE AMAN ALLAH

8. Mar 8, 2006 #7
    Plus another thing that i want to share is that, nuclear fusion reactors haven't constructed yet, thus nuclear fusion isn't nourishing us in power generation.

9. Mar 8, 2006 #8

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Fusion reactors have indeed been constructed, but they are for research purposes. It is true however, that a commercially viable fusion power reactor has yet to be perfected, or even one which produces a net amount of energy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?