1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Nuclear or Astrophysics master's degree?

1. Dec 3, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone. I'm approaching the end of my physics graduation and must start to think about what to do next.

I'm working in a project with a professor in the university about stellar sctructure and it captivated me.
    Now i dont know if i take the specialization in nuclear physics or astrophisics. May any of you had this experience and can advice me.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2016 #2
    Which one interests you more? What career traits are important to you?

4. Dec 4, 2016 #3
    Well, as i've said, i'm interested in the internal dynamic of the star., but i'm not sure if it is related more with astrophysics or nuclear physics. I'm afraid of take the astrophysics course and get a poor knowledge of nuclear physics, QCD and stuff.

5. Dec 4, 2016 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

What about talking and asking that very same professor that you're working with?

In addition, is a "Masters Degree" all that you are aiming for? Most people do work in such a field have PhDs.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted