Nvlddmkm + Graphics Card Update

• Thread starter nobodyuknow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graphics
In summary, the user is experiencing the nvlddmkm.sys error on their computer, causing the screen to blink black and requiring a reboot. They have found a temporary fix by deleting the nvlddmkm.sys file, but this causes the graphics card update to roll back. They are using a GeForce 9600 GT with the latest driver version 196.21, and have to constantly re-install the update if they delete the file. They are seeking help with finding a solution to this issue.
nobodyuknow
Hey guys,

Recently my computer has been hit with the nvlddmkm.sys error. Basically the screen blinks black every few minutes and then finally the monitor dies on me and requires a reboot before I can use my computer again.

I have found a temporary fix, by deleting the nvlddmkm.sys file in System32 > Drivers.

After rebooting my computer however, the Graphics Card Update rolls back as if I never installed the updates.

I have a GeForce 9600 GT and the latest driver version is 196.21.

That's the update I try installing.

Basically, if I don't delete the nvlddmkm.sys file, it won't roll back but I will be persisted with the error.

If I do delete it, I must re-install the update every time I reboot my computer.

All help appreciated!

~A.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What if you install older driver?

1. What is Nvlddmkm and why is it causing issues with my graphics card?

Nvlddmkm is a file associated with Nvidia graphics cards. It stands for Nvidia Display Driver NKM, and it is responsible for controlling the display of graphics on your computer. This file may cause issues if it becomes corrupted or outdated, leading to problems with your graphics card.

2. How do I know if my Nvlddmkm file is corrupted?

If you are experiencing frequent crashes or errors related to your graphics card, it is possible that the Nvlddmkm file is corrupted. You can check this by opening the Event Viewer on your computer and looking for any error messages related to the file.

3. What is the best way to update my graphics card driver?

The best way to update your graphics card driver is to go directly to the manufacturer's website (such as Nvidia or AMD) and download the latest driver for your specific graphics card model. This ensures that you have the most up-to-date and compatible driver for your system.

4. Can updating my graphics card driver fix issues with Nvlddmkm?

Yes, updating your graphics card driver can often fix issues related to the Nvlddmkm file. This is because the update may include bug fixes or improvements that address the specific issue you are experiencing.

5. What should I do if updating my graphics card driver does not fix the issue?

If updating your graphics card driver does not fix the issue with Nvlddmkm, it is possible that there is a deeper underlying problem with your graphics card or computer. In this case, it is best to seek assistance from a professional or contact the manufacturer for further support.