What are the Best Resources for Learning Quantum Field Theory?

• Thread starter The Bill
  • Start date
In summary, the best resources for learning Quantum Field Theory include textbooks such as "Quantum Field Theory for the Gifted Amateur" and "Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model" as well as online resources such as video lectures from renowned physicists and interactive simulations. It is also recommended to supplement these resources with problem sets and practice exams to solidify understanding. Additionally, attending seminars and workshops on the subject can greatly enhance one's understanding and provide opportunities for discussion and collaboration with experts in the field.
The Bill
Hi all. I'm a long time reader of this forum, and I finally decided to register.

I have a bachelor's degree in mathematics, and experience with research physics and chemistry.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've been re learning a lot of intro graduate level mathematics lately. I'm working through Gamelin & Greene's topology text, and a few analysis texts right now. Of those, I'm primarily working through and quite enjoying Taylor's General Theory of Functions and Integration, supplemented with Wilcox & Myers and Rudin.

I have an educated interest in applied and mathematical physics, and I'd like to have a working understanding of quantum field theory, but I keep getting sidetracked and having to start over.