wraithseeker Messages 28 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jul 31, 2009 #1 How do you know that a object's velocity is 0.00 or below meaning that is not moving at all?
Pengwuino Gold Member Messages 5,112 Reaction score 20 Jul 31, 2009 #2 You're confusing speed and velocity. Velocity is a vector, it has direction and magnitude. The speed is that magnitude. Speed is strictly positive, while velocity can be negative.
You're confusing speed and velocity. Velocity is a vector, it has direction and magnitude. The speed is that magnitude. Speed is strictly positive, while velocity can be negative.
wraithseeker Messages 28 Reaction score 0 Jul 31, 2009 #3 But when I get the length of the velocity vector, it can never get to negative and I think that the lowest is 1?
But when I get the length of the velocity vector, it can never get to negative and I think that the lowest is 1?
Pengwuino Gold Member Messages 5,112 Reaction score 20 Jul 31, 2009 #4 The length is the magnitude, aka the speed, which can never be negative (of course it can be 0, that just means there's no movement).
The length is the magnitude, aka the speed, which can never be negative (of course it can be 0, that just means there's no movement).